Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to takerisks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
San Francisco, California 94105
We’re looking for an exceptional leader with fresh ideas, cutting-edge skills, and a passion for engineer todesign and build the code-level components for eCom Buy Product (Banana Republic, Old Navy, Gap, Athleta). Responsibilities:
- Defines and documents the technical solution architecture for projects in the Agile Application Development domain.
- Works collaboratively with other architects, project teams, and Product Management to determine appropriate and sustainable technologyarchitecture.
- Dependent upon project domain impact, will act as the single point of contact for that domain and drive alignment of architectural goals with business goals. This may include analysis of ROI, driving build vs. buy comparisons, and estimation of total cost of ownership.
- Works collaboratively with technical and business team members to develop and maintain business solutions following Agile development principles and practices
- Is influential and engages actively in building out a dynamic and productive development organization and continuously improving practices and methodology
- Designs and develops applications with an eye towards simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, performance and re-use
- Experienced with the concept of evolving application architecture, able to envision and communicate how the architecture of an application transitions through the phases to from beginning to end state.
- Provides technical expertise in the areas of architecture, design, implementation, and testing
- Expected to be knowledgeable and 'hands-on' in development, actively pairing with the development team in coding and delivering the solutions whenever possible
- Promotes architectural principles throughout the technology community.
- Participates in pairing and code reviews
- Work as a member of the Corporate IT architecture group to define and guide the overall platform architectural direction.
- Candidates must have a robust understanding of Java and an in-depth understanding of other Java technologies, including Servlets, Struts/Tiles, JSP, JDBC, JMS, Spring
- Familiarity with front-end technologies - FLEX, AJAX, XHTML, HTML, XML/DOM
- Full lifecycle development experience on large projects, creating distributed and scalable business systems.
- Experience with WebServices (REST, SOAP, XML-RPC, etc)
- Experience with relational databases (Oracle SqlServer MySQL), data access patterns (ORM, DAO, Repository), and Familiarity with ORM technologies (iBatis, Hibernate)
- Self-motivated team player who excels in a collaborative environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to influence technical decisions in a highly complex infrastructure environment
- Track record of collaboration with Business Partners and Product Managers demonstrating translation of complex business requirements into simple software solutions.
- Strong sense of personal accountability; contributes beyond job role and responsibilities
- Excellent problem solving skills; meticulous & methodical
- Passionate about continuously improving organizational practices
- Technology enthusiast that enjoys researching and selecting new technologies that meet software development needs in an agile development environment.
- Desiredexperience with NO-SQL databases like MongoDB, HBASE etc.
- Familiarity with EAI patterns, queuing systems (e.g. MQ Series, JMS, etc.) and business process orchestration (e.g. BPEL), workflow automation systems, etc.
- Desired hands on experience with Agile methodologies
- Desiredexperience in developing and driving SOA strategies within large enterprises
- Bachelor's Degree, computer science or equivalent work experience
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.