Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk's Machine Learning Incubation group is looking for an experienced Full Stack Principal Engineer to lead, design and buildinnovative solutions that enable rapid analysis of massive amounts of behavioral data in real time. We're working on the cutting edge of data analysis and correlation, letting our customers have a single pane of glass for their data from sensors to web servers.
- You will work with a tight-knit super smart bunch of engineers who are doing state of the art development work (both frontend and backend) in areas of Machine Learning and Data Analytics across silos of data to build best in class business analytics software.
- You will be interacting with product management and customers on the bleeding edge of technology to understand detailed requirements and create new products for the market.
- You have 10+ years of in providing technical leadership in designing and building scalable high quality high performance software that processes massive amounts of data in real-time
- You have worked in a collaborative multi-functional team (PM, QA, UX)
- You have expert skills in Python or Scala or Javaand Object Oriented Programming
- You have a proven foundation in RESTful APIs, data structures, algorithms, software design and security
- You have good understanding of Systems Programming (network stack, file system, OS services)
- You are comfortable developing cross platform software in a CI/CD environment and practicing test-driven development.
- You have the ability to learn new technologies quickly and mentor junior team members
- You have strong communication skills, verbal, written and whiteboard
- You have a BS CS/EE or equivalent
Additional Skills would be a plus:
- Development experience with MVC frameworks such as React or Angular
- Development experience with Go or C++
- Experience working with directly with customers
- Experience in the visualization of large, complex graph structures
- Experience with Big Datatechnologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Flink or Splunk
- Experience with at least one Cloud platform
What We Offer You:
- The opportunity to be part of the Incubation group that is working like a startup within Splunkand with a large community of passionate users
- The opportunity to work with a set of extraordinarily talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support. Splunk flourishes with disruption and diversity.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn and an opportunity for growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate a great environment.