We are looking for a Full-Stack (Senior/Principal) Software Engineer/Data Scientist/AI Specialist. The purpose of the role is to architect, design, develop, and test the AI solution.
* Define technical strategy and technology platform choices for AI
* Architect and design AI
* Implement AI prototype to meet customer requirements (performance, scalability etc.)
* Ensure software quality, reuse, software documentation, testing and test documentation etc.
* Work with and report to CEO
* After 1 year: lead newly hired senior software engineer who will also work with the team
* Monitor work against \contract schedule, provide progress updates and report issues or technical difficulties to the CEO on a regular basis
* Master's or PhD in computer science, or comparable background.
* Significant and demonstrable hands-on development experience in several programming languages, incl. Java (you will go through coding exercises as part of the interviewing process).
* Significant and demonstrable experience developing full-stack applications
* Significant and demonstrable experience of implementing Java best practices
* Proven experience of producing test cases and testing software
* Proven experience of project working and commercial development processes
* Experience of working in an environment where products have to be delivered to specific timescales
* Ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate requirements into technical solutions
* Experience of supporting, modifying and maintaining systems and code developed by teams
* Experience of working with code repositories (e.g. Git), bug tracking etc.
* Analytical thinking - able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts explore and evaluate them systematically
* Strategic thinking * able to identify a vision along with the plans, which need to be implemented to meet the end goal, evaluating situations, decisions and issues in the short, medium and long term.
* Significant and demonstrable experience developing data modeling/analytics applications and algorithms
* Significant and demonstrable experience developing artificial intelligence systems (deep learning, esp. reinforcement learning).
* Significant and demonstrable cybersecurity red team activities, incl. penetration testing
* Significant and demonstrable cybersecurity training experience (or developing training systems)
* A background in software engineering, software and architecture , incl. hands-on engineering
* Experience with developing full-stack applications - experience with Eclipse based applications is an optional 'plus'
* In-depth AI knowledge (deep learning), incl. hands-on development
* In-depth knowledge of data science, graph databases and data analytics.
* In-depth knowledge of how web applications (frontends/mid-tier/backend) are designed, developed and integrated
* Desirable: Experience of supplier management and supply chains