Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Getting a vast variety of massive data in and ready for analysis is never easy. Splunk is looking for Principal Software Engineers to join our Data Availability team to lead the design and development of sophisticated products to collect, transform and enrich data in a fast, scale and reliable way both for Cloud and On-premise customers.
We prefer full-stack engineers who can design, build, test features end-to-end. However, if you are only familiar with either backend or frontend, you can still apply, as long as your skills impress us.
- You will work across the product organiazation to design and develop a variety of features, reusable components and products for data availability area
- You will implement the features that use groundbreaking technologies
- You will write high quality design documents and production code for a contained complicate feature set or function area
- You will analyze and optimize frontend and backend codes, and pursue simplicity, efficiency, reliability and performance
- You will work on various design documents, test plan and review team members’ design and code
- You will mentor junior level engineers and provide technical guidance, and engage in design and code review for other team members
- Proven foundation in computer science, with strong competences in operating systems, networks, data structures, algorithms and software design
- Excellent problem solving, collaboration and communication skills
- A proven capability for creative thinking, intellectual and ambitious exploration
- We prefer full-stack engineers who can design, build, test features end-to-end. However, if you are only familiar with either backend or frontend, you can still apply, as long as your skill impress us.
- At least one profound programming skill on Java/Go/Python
- 8+ years of progressive software development experience
- Expertise in working with container deployment and orchestration technologies at scale with strong knowledge of the fundamentals to include service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, load balancing. Knowledge of Kubernetes, Go and Docker preferred.
- Self-starter who is comfortable taking a task and delivering on it without lots of management
- Experience with major public cloud platforms: AWS, GCP, Azure. Prefer candidates with AWS Professional or Associated certifications.
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience in open source data collection and processing technologies, e.g. fluentd, Kafka, Hadoop, Spark
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related engineering discipline.
What we offer you:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.