- Job ID: 18017286
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
At Citi, we believe in using the power of modern engineering technologies and practices to improve people’s lives. Increasingly, with the adoption of smart phones and watches and the cloud-based computing solutions that back them, individuals carry their compute capabilities on their person allowing them to manage the transactions that make up their lives in the moment and as they see fit. Our mobile first banking strategy was established to ensure that we embrace this change, leap frogging traditional banking paradigms to drive the creation of the bank of tomorrow. No mean feat. To advance this change, we’ve spun up a couple of internal initiatives, Agile Citi and Citi FinTech, aimed at demonstrating how independent teams using best of breed technical platforms, development tools and techniques can significantly reduce the time it takes to move from definition to production while increasing product quality, table stakes for solutions that operate in the world of personal finance. Agile Citi is a dramatic re-envisioning of traditional monolithic mainframe banking systems leveraging best of breed open source cloud computing capabilities to create functionally discreet micro services. Established as a startup in late 2015, Citi FinTech is the internal future-forward competitor designed to ensure that our customers always have the very best capabilities the financial industry has to offer available at their fingertips by creating an ecosystem of collaborative financial web services. At Citi, we believe in the bank of tomorrow. And we believe ruthless backlog prioritization, incremental delivery and short-interval scheduling are the tools that will take us there. We are searching for a certain kind of person who is excited by the idea of owning; people who like to build new platforms, features and services. This position requires collaboration with UX designers, product managers, technical program managers, and partner teams. You should be comfortable with ambiguity with a desire to create, iterate and improve
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will drive technical innovation across the Digital organization. You will solve real world problems by applying your expertise in building distributed systems and state-of-the-art high through put architecture. You will build real-time, highly scalable solutions. You will influence and mentor engineers across the organization and ensure that the highest coding principles and standards are adopted. You will be a visionary leader, builder, operator and play a key role in the evolution of our next generation platform and digital products in a challenging environment: Large-scale computing, Distributed systems, Web applications, Data mining, Scalability, Security, and Algorithms to name a few. You’ll strive for simplicity, and demonstrate significant creativity and high judgment.
• Serve as a technical leader on our most demanding, cross-functional projects.
• Ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems across the organization.
• Contribute intellectual property through patent generation.
• Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
• Fully and completely understand system inter dependencies and limitations.
• Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
• Effectively research and benchmark technology against other best in class automated marketing technologies.
• Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the Citi developer community at large on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members
• Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
• Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science or related field
• 8+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience
• Proven track record of leading the delivery of large-scale, high-quality systems
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in at least one major technical area: large scale Unix systems engineering, building complex distributed systems, building monitoring or management tools for large-scale environments.
• Experience managing complex projects, with significant bottom-line impact
• Experience leading development life cycle process and best practices
• Experience with Agile Management (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO Modeling, working on internet, UNIX, and database related projects
• Experience mentoring/training an engineering community on complex technical issues