The Middle Office Operations division within Fidelity Fund and Investment Operations (FFIO) is looking for a forward-looking self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment. This individual must combine their customer focused mindset with solid analytical and development skills to provide creative and complete solutions to complex business and technical problems.
Middle Office Operations is responsible for middle office trade processing, trade settlements, corporate actions, income collection, cash management, cash and position reconciliations, securities lending, and transfer agent control and reconciliation. Within Cash and Positions, our applications support Derivatives and Repo trades, collateral, and securities lending.
The Expertise You Have
- Full stack developer with strong technical background
- 10+ years of hands-on development experience in Java/J2EE, Spring framework
- Proficient in test driven development and expertise in APIs, JMS and microservices
- Familiar with level 3 incident management process
- Experience with AWS and containerization technologies such as Docker
- Comfortable in developing asynchronous workers using resilient messaging services.
- BS degree, preferably Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or Information Systems
- Passion for technology and can navigate your way across complex and rapidly changing landscapes!
The Skills You Bring
- Experience in J2EE, Spring, JMS, Akka and camel
- Ability to write good test cases - unit, integration and functional.
- Experience in solving complex business problems into simple software solutions.
- Conduct design and code review session.
- Experience working with public cloud providers (AWS preferred) will be a plus
- Strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks at a given time
- Lead advancement of engineering practices such as code and design reviews, environment strategy, and build and deployment pipelines
The Value You Deliver
- Performing technical and functional analysis to determine optimal solutions to complex business problems
- Develop code in Java using Spring Framework, Spring Boot, including debugging existing code and designing and executing unit tests.
- Maintain and improve overall software quality.
- L3 support for business application
- Mentor and develop technical staff across global sites