Splunk's Cloud group is looking for an expert Principal Engineer to help lead, design and build the next generation of our large scale Cloud offering. You will be working on the core compute platforms in the cloud.
- Work across the organization to deliver quality products that delight Splunk's passionate users.
- Lead teams of tight-knit, super smart engineers who are building a state-of-the-art, cloud-based environment for massive-scale data processing.
- Mentor and help new engineers to achieve more than they thought possible.
- You are passionate about building and running distributed systems at scale in production. You understand the challenges and trade-offs to be made when building and deploying systems to production.
- Expertise in working with container deployment and orchestration technologies at scale with strong knowledge of the fundamentals to include service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, load balancing. Knowledge of Kubernetes, Go and Docker preferred.
- Strong foundation in RESTful APIs, data structures, algorithms, software design and security
- Deep understanding of Systems programming (network stack, file system, OS services) and networking (L2 vs. L3, networkarchitecture, VLANs, etc)
- Comfortable developing cross platform software in a CI/CD environment and practicing test driven development.
- You've demonstrated the ability to effectively work collaboratively across functions.
- You are enthusiastic about making the many users of your product happier every day.
- Experience with running multi cluster environments and strong understanding of multi-tenancy and security implications.
- Experience with development and deployment in a hosted cloud environment, preferably AWS.