Socure is looking for a Principal Data Engineer to join our US engineering team and lead our data platform initiative.
In our mission to become the single, trusted source of identity verification and eliminate identity fraud from the internet, data is at the core of what we build. It’s how we innovate and how we offer the most accurate Identity Verification on the market. With the company growing very fast and our customer needs even faster, the only way for us to succeed in our mission is to significantly scale how we work with data.
We are in the early days of designing a data platform to accelerate all our data operations and unlock the creation of our future products, and we’d love you to join us and lead the way
What You'll Be Doing:
- You will work in close collaboration with our Engineering, Data Science, Infrastructure and Product teams to define the strategy and roadmap of our data platform.
- Own the end-to-end delivery of all projects related to our data platform initiative, from conception and design to development and production monitoring.
- Enable a wide team of Data Scientists to perfect our products and expand our offering and offer easy and secure access to data for engineering teams to deliver faster.
- You will democratize access to data and aim to automate operations of large amounts of data efficiently, securely and reliably.
What You'll Bring:
- You are comfortable owning strategic initiatives end to end and working cross-functionally to ensure technical alignment.
- You like to think at scale and design, develop and operate cloud production data stores, pipelines and services that meet goals of low latency, high availability, resiliency, security and quality. And you develop these with an empathy for how they will be used and the people who will use them.
- You have experience designing data pipeline systems, ETLs and setting up large scale datastores and have used technologies like: Hadoop, HBase, S3, Kafka, Spark, DynamoDB, Hudi or Delta Lake, Elasticsearch.
- You use your technical experience to educate your peers in data engineering technologies, best practices and platform thinking.
- Exposure or familiarity of data privacy & regulations eg. GDPR, CCPA (CA) or PII.
- 6+ years of practical experience in building high scale, production distributed systems.
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our enormous upside
- A tech-first company culture driven by entrepreneurial thinking and talent
- A great team working in unison towards the same mission
- Transparency is what our product is built on—and so is our culture
- Generous medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Free meals, snacks, and drinks...and so much more
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.