As the Principal Software Engineer, you will be responsible to lead a group of talented developers to create best in class vehicle ownership experience products. This is both a hands-on and lead role. This role includes but not limited to working with Product Management on requirement gathering, architects and team lead on design and implementation, and QA on testing and bug fixes. In the role of Lead Software Engineer, you will be expected to work well in an agile, dynamic, team oriented environment. To be successful in the role, you must be able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment while maintaining good communication with management and team members.
- ·Recognized as an expert in the company in multiple domain areas in terms of breadth and depth. Solve unique problems that have a broad impact to the company
- ·Display high level of critical thinking in bringing success to the organization
- ·Lead team of engineers in design/implement key technical projects
- ·Able to articulate key issues and draft action plan and communicate with management
- ·Execute on platform and applications roadmap deliverables
- ·Develop and deliver enhancements which meet or exceed customer needs
- ·Proactively collaborate and partner with internal stakeholders to deliver business impacting projects
- ·Develop high performance, scalable and secure solutions
- ·Enhance and maintain tools to support enhanced catalogs
- ·Plan and deliver core technology upgrades
- ·Diagnose, design, and implement solutions to key technology or application problems
- ·12+ years of work experience in a senior technical role with direct hands-on skill set.
- ·BS in Computer Engineering/Science or related field. MS preferred.
- ·Ability to communicate, influence other supporting teams such as product, QA, devops, etc. to achieve the objectives.
- ·Ability to work with remote team members, either offshore or different location within US.
- ·Familiar with UI technologies such as React, Angular, etc.
- ·Knowledge of development tools such as Visual Studio, Git, Jenkins, Jira, Fisheye, SVN, Eclipse or equivalent
- ·Excellent written and oral communication skills
- ·Ability to drive all phases of development cycle including requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, rollout, and support
?Ability to work on multiple projects and be flexible to adapt to changing requirements
?Ability to turn high-level requirements into a working system through iterative development
?Willingness to embrace and learn new technologies
?Great understanding of internet, systems, web technologies, and web service architectures
?Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment
?High energy, confident, ambitious and self-motivated individual
?Must be an effective communicator