$100K — $150K *
The Principal Engineer will work with our teams to craft intelligent content structure for multi-channel delivery and increase the value of semantically rich content. You will participate in, or lead, client-driven projects surrounding customer experience and personalization. You’ll define content structure, metadata, content reuse planning, taxonomy, and other content relationships. This includes implementation for editorial experience and for CMS platforms such SDL Tridion Docs.
· Be a leader in defining and driving content delivery through our services , creation of content structure and relationships
· Develop, maintain, extend software components and ensure reliable deployment of new features for EBSCO clinical decisions products
· Collaborate with product management and your team while analyzing and decomposing complex software features into simpler stories for planning and execution
· Collaborate with your team to manage and estimate the size and complexity of the features/stories and commit to what can be accomplished in an iteration
· Contribute to technical design, and implementation/development of well-engineered solutions
· Contribute to creation and implementation of test plans, test cases, and automated tests to ensure adequate coverage based on requirements
· Demonstrate ownership of developed components from development through production
· Contribute to software engineering best practices for design, coding standards, performance, test automation, security, delivery, maintainability, and culture
· Contribute to the ongoing efforts to continuously improve the quality of the team’s deliverables
· Demonstrated ability to work on a project and as part of a team with sound technical and design skills
· Demonstrated communication and problem solving skills, including an ability to look forward and anticipate issues and assess risk
· Desire to contribute to efforts beyond the scope of the day-to-day project work
· Advocate of unit testing, automation, and test-driven development
· Implements solutions and enhancements quickly and efficiently following EBSCO software development lifecycle processes and practices.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering or other Information Technology related degree or equivalent experience.
5+ years of professional development experience using Java
Experience with XML, XML schema representations (DTD, XSD, RNG), XML validation tools (e.g., XERXES), and the XML Stylesheet Language Transformations (XSLT) and transformation platforms (e.g., Saxon).
3+ years of experience in large systems software design and development with hands on experience in RESTful Web Services, HTTP, SSL.
Experience (ideally) with the Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) and the DITA Open Toolkit (Java, XSLT, Ant).
Experience in writing software for publishing content into users.
Valid through: 4/15/2021