$150K — $200K *
Raven Applied Technology is seeking a Principal Software Engineer will work with the Cloud Platform team to architect, develop, and maintain GraphQL APIs, infrastructure, and monitoring to serve our mobile, web, embedded, and autonomous platforms.
• Research, write, develop, test, and evaluate software.
• Work with teams to facilitate deployment related to software.
• Determine purpose, application, and feasibility of new or enhancement of existing software.
• Create and update documentation for designs, and all phases of the project.
• Work with external customers to troubleshoot and solve problems.
• Coordinate engineering efforts and provide engineering assistance to internal teams or external customers.
• Keep abreast of new developments in the fields of engineering design, methods, and applications.
• May provide or assist with training needs as it relates to new or existing software.
• May assist with quote or request for quote process.
• Plans and executes complex engineering activities.
• Performs work of a complex scope, where data requires in-depth evaluation of various factors.
• Exercises independent judgment with broadly defined practices and policies in obtaining results.
• Has critical project technical leadership responsibility; may plan or delegate work assignments for lower level engineers and technicians.
• Displays outstanding contribution and impact to the team and projects.
• Innovative in nature, and contributes new product ideas.
• Expert engineer with 12+ years of career experience, with Bachelor's degree. 10+ years with Master's degree. 6+ years with PHD. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Furthers knowledge of profession through continued education and/or seeking mentorship.
• May contribute to profession through writing white papers.
• Significant Linux experience.
• Experience designing and implementing APIs following various patterns and frameworks including REST, GraphQL, gRPC, etc.
• Experience with various databases such as MySQL/PostgreSQL and Cassandra/DynamoDB/Cosmos.
• Experience with streaming platforms such as Kafka/Kinesis/Event Hub.
• Experience with Cloud Computing (Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure).
• Experience designing and implementing fault-tolerant and highly available distributed systems.
• Ability to rapidly construct proof of concept demo applications.
• Furthers knowledge of profession through continued education and/or providing mentorship.
• Ability to apply design theory and methodology.
• Well-developed problem analysis and problem solving techniques.
• Team player who is self-motivated, and has ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and leadership staff.
Valid through: 10/29/2021
$150K — $200K *
2 days ago