Are you interested in being part of a small team building new and innovative SAAS products for monitoring cloud environments using machine data and machine learning? Splunk is looking for a Principal Engineer to lead our Cloud Insights engineering team in building a solution that delivers real-time visibility into Cloud environments; detecting problems and anomalies and providing best practice recommendations. This team is a part of IT Markets group in Splunk, that has multiple teams working on the cutting edge of data analysis and correlation to build solutions that address IT users’, departments’ & teams’ most pressing problems.
We give our engineers an environment in which they can contribute from day one while also providing opportunities for learning and growth. You’ll learn how our entire stack works – from data ingestion to search, building exciting end user experiences which will directly impact our customers.
What We’re Looking For:
- Desire to Learn and Adapt. We have a lot of projects going on at once, and you’ll have to learn to navigate the code and features. You’ll constantly be learning new areas and new technologies.
- Strong customer focus and passion for building intuitive products that will delight our IT user base. Our customers are passionate about Splunk and we want the same from our engineers.
- Ability to coach/mentor junior engineers on the team, provide technical direction and champion engineering best practices.
- Experience with Cloud is a must. You have experience writing software and operationalizing it for deployment to Cloud Services like AWS and Azure.
- Experience in Data analysis/Data science is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience and a MS in Computer Science preferred.
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things to learn. We’re always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of incredibly talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth. You want to work on an area that spans backend and frontend? We have that. You want to go deep into optimizing how we gather data from disparate sources? We have that too, and more.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, have a shared kitchen and sit down for a quick sync every morning.
- We don’t expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a great environment.