Job Summary: As you build your career at Equinix, you will be involved in several different projects and initiatives, being an integral part of the team. As a member of the automation engineering team, you will contribute to technical architecture, product prioritization, automation, capacity planning, adoption of supporting technologies, and all other aspects of maintaining a world-class cloud-based service. You will work closely with software engineering teams developing Infrastructure and applications and focus on driving scalability, stability, reliability, the operability of services, and security.
- You are a software engineer at heart, with a compulsion to automate yourself out of a job.
- Work with development teams to ensure that applications have scalability and reliability built-in from day one. Agile is second nature to you, and you’re excited to work in scrum teams and represent the DevOps perspective.
- Write and review code, develop documentation and capacity plans, and debug the most challenging problems.
- Innovation, creativity, and a passion for ever-improving our Infrastructure and team
- Design and enhance software architecture to improve scalability, service reliability, cost, and performance. You’ve helped create services that are critical to their customers’ success.
- Deploy automation for provisioning and operating infrastructure on a large scale. You are experienced in Infrastructure as Code concepts and have put them into production.
- Partnered alongside the best engineers in the industry on the coolest stuff around, the code and systems you work on will be in production.
- Partner with teams to improve CI/CD processes and technology. Helping teams in delivering value early.
- Mentor members of the staff on large scale cloud deployments. You’re an expert in deploying in the cloud and can bring a teaching mindset to help others benefit from your experience.
- Drive the adoption of observability practices and a data-driven mindset. You love metrics, graphs, and gaining a deep understanding of why things happen in a system, helping others gain visibility into the things they build.
- Influence engineering teams across Equinix with customer focus, world-class quality, effective communication, decisive, fast-moving solutions, quick and constructive resolution of conflicts.
- You have outstanding interpersonal skills and can effectively coordinate development projects across globally distributed teams in a dynamic, growing environment.
- Support the Infrastructure owned by the SRE team.
- 10+ years of experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Strong sense of architecture and design for fault tolerance, scale-out approaches, and stability. Practiced in the AWS Well-Architected Framework or similar.
- Demonstrated experience in building tools and automation in Python for large production environments.
- You have production-grade experience operating Linux systems, with the ability to methodically diagnose system, network, and application issues.
- Working with microservice architectures running on Kubernetes and containers.
- Tools-first mindset. You build tools for yourself and others to increase efficiency and reduce churn.
- Experience with Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code: Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Building and scaling distributed systems is a plus.
- Experience with public cloud (AWS) at medium to large scale
- Organized, focused on building, improving, resolving, and delivering.
- Exceptional communicator in and across teams, taking the lead.
- You are an experienced software engineer who knows how to apply engineering principles to large scale public cloud systems.