As a Principal Software Engineer you'll be part of Splunk’s core cloud platform and responsible for designing and developing commerce solutions for Splunk’s core cloud platform. Be part of a closely knit team in Seattle and have a large impact in shaping the team, technology and a culture of excellence. You will be immersed in both microservices and core platform as well as have exposure to the full portfolio of technology areas.
You are an expert in distributed computing and commerce services for cloud platforms including order/fulfillment mgmt, subscriptions and billing etc. You have a passion for scaled up multi-tenant architecture. Initiative, passion and dedication is your soft currency. You are excited to take on roles that provide new growth and learning opportunities. Finally, you enjoy working with highly collaborative teams and have fun doing your stuff!
What You’ll Do
- Design and develop algorithms/code for Splunk Enterprise roadmap for Cloud.
- Collaborate in a CI / CD development model for cloud native deployments.
- Build high quality distributed design and code and maintain it in cloud.
- Analyze and improve performance, scalability and reliability.
- Brainstorm and influence technical decision making for features and architecture turns.
- Have fun and achieve your career goals.
- Expert level experience building cloud microservices and distributed systems in Golang.
- Demonstrable foundation in data structures, algorithms and software design for cloud scale.
- Experience with agile development models for cloud native architectures (Microservices, automated CICD, RESTful API’s, security compliance etc) at cloud scale.
- Prior development experience in developing commerce systems.
- Familiarity and prior experience working with Kubernetes, dockers and AWS/GCP.
Highly preferred qualifications
- Familiarity and experience working on commerce platforms (orders, fulfillment, subscriptions etc)
- Requires a minimum of 12 years of related experience with a technical Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent practical experience; or 8 years and a technical Master’s degree; or a Ph.D. with 5 years experience; or equivalent practical experience