Are you passionate about global modern web applications built on React and TypeScript connecting to the world’s largest logistics back end in the cloud?
How about reimagining UI framework extensibility so that it scales for hundreds of other engineering teams to build upon?
We are creating the next generation of C.H. Robinson logistics applications. If you love the modern web, have outstanding attention to detail, a passion for creating experiences that delight users, and deep technical skills on the front and back end then you might be a perfect fit.
We are building the Navisphere Application Framework team and are looking for the technical lead. You’ll make technical design decisions and mentor others to build our next generation UI app platform.
Our main priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will be remote until further notice. We will continue monitoring the circumstances and when we feel comfortable, this position will return to the office in Eden Prairie, MN where you will have an opportunity to collaborate face-to-face with a talented and diverse group of peers.
- Lead the technical direction of the engineering team to build an extensible application framework for Navisphere v.Next
- Customer focus; be able to tie engineering decisions and output to delivering customer value
- Drive for results; being able to drive for results, not merely finding the boundary of your responsibility, but following a problem though to its conclusion is a skill and ability which a successful engineer will exhibit
- Technical excellence; core to being a software engineer is not merely knowing the latest and greatest language developments, but demonstrating a passion for technology, solving problems, a curiosity to “go deep”, and an ability to quickly learn and extrapolate upon past experiences to deliver innovations.
- Collaborate with the project stakeholders, Engineering Product Managers and the engineering team to understand business requirements, user experience goals, and work to prioritize the backlog accordingly
- Passionate about front-end software engineering and leading teams.
- 5+ years of Front-End Application Development experience.
- Working knowledge of common server software including, but not limited to, Kafka, Elastic, SQL, Vault, Redis, MongoDB
- Proven experience designing, building and maintaining REST APIs written in C#, Node.js, Java or comparable software stack
- Experience building and using automation tools, CI/CD, unit testing, and promoting a culture of quality software development
- Experience building highly scalable, performant software
- A mindset of continual learning, growth, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills; ability to coordinate and motivate people
- Focused experience on Front-End Development
- Experience with Google’s Material Design System
- Experience working with cloud specific technology including, but not limited to, Azure
- Experience Domain Driven Design in a microservice oriented architecture
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or related field of study