This role can be remote or based in one of our office locations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead a team of highly passionate technical engineers to evolve our Identity and Access Control services architecture, oversee alignment of several products technical roadmaps.
- Serve as one of the architects driving the technical strategy and direction for our large-scale cloud services, driving simplicity, high-reliability, ease of maintenance and operation.
- Play an active role in establishing a pragmatic long term technical direction for our software services ensuring alignment with our customers, business goals and internal teams.
- Operating at the forefront of bare metal cloud and distributed computing technologies.
- Lead by example through direct contribution, and provide direction in establishing development and operational best practices.
- Actively mentor individuals and the engineering community on advanced technical issues.
What we’ll expect from you:
- A demonstrated track record with 12+ years of technical leadership with hands-on experience working on cloud systems at scale.
- A good concept of scale and a desire to help build and run highly reliable and performant distributed services
- A background of working for a SaaS, PaaS, IaaS or cloud-based companies passionate about agile/lean/continuous development and delivery.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems architecture, operational readiness and cloud infrastructure provider use cases.
- Experience with implementation of High availability, Disaster Recovery and key metrics driving the SLA for platform and services.
- Excellent interpersonal skills internally and externally
- Insatiable curiosity and strong problem solving skills
- Expertise writing and maintaining, Go, Ruby on Rails or another similar language
- Familiarity with operating at least one traditional SQL database; PostgreSQL is a plus
- Experience with server, network, and data center technologies