The selected candidate will be a key member of a team responsible for design, development, and test of Packet Processing, Subscriber Management, QoS, and Traffic Management of OLT products. The selected candidate will also consult and work with junior level engineers responsible for development, sustaining and maintenance of a deployed access platform.
- Consult with extended ADTRAN R&D and Account Team personnel on DPoE and North American Cable specific requirements, design, and support activities.
- Possess and display in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Possess experience in the design and development of carrier applications.
- Design, develop, test, configure and maintain cutting edge existing and new software frameworks and platforms.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Efficient in the analysis & troubleshooting for production issues & code deployment activity
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional and distributed team's other developers, software quality analysts, and appropriate stakeholders
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- 15+ years' experience in Cable networking, carrier switching, or PON access products Software Development Life Cycle.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Information Science is required. Master's Degree preferred
- Cable Access (CMTS/CCAP) and/or DPoE System system design with expertise in DOCSIS and/or DPoE MAC & Upper Layer Protocol Interface (MULPI), MEF, and Architecture requirements.
- Experience with Broadcom DNX class SoCs and SDK. Work with DOCSIS Mediation Layer (DML) or DPoE Emulation application is highly desired.
- Expertise in embedded Fast Path Network Processor and SoC SDK integration. Skilled in all applicable tools, environment and methodology associated with embedded operating system
- LINUX application development experience required.
- Evaluation and Assessment of existing design & implementation, Requirements & Acceptance Criteria Elaboration, Architecture & High Level Design, Estimation and Planning, Implementation and Unit & Component Level Test.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude towards learning.
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Highly committed and able to work independently and as a team.
- Technical mentor to junior level colleagues
- Extremely organized with good communication skills and an excellent attention to detail.
- Deadline orientated and ability to remain calm in a fast-paced and high pressure environment.
- Customer focused and value oriented
- TRAVEL (EST) 5-10%.
- Communications -- Applicant must possess excellent oral and verbal communications skills. The Applicant must be able to professionally interact with co-workers, hardware design engineers, software design engineers, and supervisors in order to convey a high level of design verifications issues, technical ideas, procedures, and instructions efficiently and effectively.
- Initiative/Follow-Through -- Applicant must have excellent self-study skills to develop and maintain an understanding of new technologies, must be self-motivated and be able to work independently with minimal supervision, must be able to work as a team member in a group environment for the completion of design tasks, and must possess the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects in different stages with a sense of urgency and efficiency.
- Leadership: Incumbent must possess the ability to lead new designs, lead new projects, lead small teams of design engineers, and guide less experience engineers as required.
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.A. without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
ADTRAN is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of all individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disabilities, age, protected military or veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by federal, state or local laws.