We give our engineers an environment in which they can contribute from day one while also providing opportunities for learning and growth. You'll learn how our entire stack works, from data ingestion and storage to searching, reporting and visualization, all in distributed environments. The work you’ll do will directly impact the experience of our customers.
Our engineers take a leading role in designing, architecting, building and testing our product. As we scale observability into new areas, engineers have delivered critical new features such as report acceleration, data models and pattern detection, to name a few. We want you to help us build and expand new areas in machine learning, parallelization and making our stack more developer-friendly.
- Build robust, fault-tolerant distributed systems in a multi-threaded/multi-process environment.
- Analyze and improve the scalability of data collection, routing, storage and retrieval.
- Contribute to the high-velocity data components, including the streaming data pipeline, storage engine, and operating system-based collector technology -- in C/C++
- Interact with the time series database and alerting logic.
- Potentially contribute to customer-facing and internal APIs in Golang.
- Implement key parts of the data storage and processing infrastructure to improve horizontal scaling and fault tolerance
- Scale data-intense problems horizontally rather than vertically.
- You have 12+ years of professional software engineering and architecture experience.
- You have a BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related engineering discipline.
- Master knowledge of developing and debugging any object oriented language like C++ or Java
- You have knowledge and experience with AWS services, like EC2, S3, Kinesis etc.
- You have experience crafting, building and delivering software as a service.
- You have a good foundation in backend systems, storage, filesystem, memory, multi threading is a plus.
- You have knowledge of modern distributed system design and implementation.
What we offer you:
- A constant stream of new things to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects, contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth of opportunities. You want to explore backend, frontend, and SDKs? We have that.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help on both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate a phenomenal environment.