We're looking for a seasoned python engineer who is as passionate about writing
great code as they are about building a great product and team. Working within
the new deposits organization at Avant, you'll be working cross-functionally with
Product, Design, Data, and Compliance to help bring new features to life while
promoting the highest engineering standards to your team.
This Position is Remote Eligible.
What you do at Avant:
- Collaborate with leaders and business stakeholders to develop product features.
- Empowering and managing a team of engineers, including task breakouts and code reviews.
- Ensuring all technical initiatives are appropriately planned, communicated, and executed with the help of product and project management.
- Deliver high quality, performant, and robustly tested code.
- Ensure both the team and technologies continuously improve.
- Taking pride in building reliable and scalable product while working with great colleagues, tools and frameworks
You'll be working with:
- A team with years of experience in the financial services space.
- A modern Kubernetes based infrastructure.
- A consumer focused banking experience backed by industry-renowned investors.
- Streamlined engineering processes allowing you to quickly get set up learning, developing, and helping out with other technologies such as Swift, Kotlin, or
- React if you're looking to expand your engineering horizons.
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- Bachelor’s degree in a field such as computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, or equivalent work
- 3 years of experience developing Django applications.
- 2 years of people management experience.
- Proficiency in Postgres.
- Familiarity with CI/CD setup, profiling, and tracing.
- You're an owner - you take pride in building a pixel-perfect product.
- You're not afraid to be scrappy, and understand the cost benefit of one approach to a problem vs another to better serve business strategy.
- You measure twice and cut once on your initiatives.