What you will do
We are looking for a bright, energetic, collaborative technical enthusiast and leader to join our team as a Principal Software Engineer focused on DevOps and Smart Home/Building Integrations. In this role you will help us integrate the latest Smart Home/Building Products and Technologies into Johnson Controls Smart Thermostats and help support our DevOps solutions.
You will ensure proper integration of DevOps functions. You will be responsible for defining the infrastructuresupport activities in alignment with JCI’s framework and guidelines for DevOps, data privacy, protection of user data and effective turnaround time for any reported defects or down time. For this purpose, you will work closely with JCI’s Global Data Platform & Customer Service teams to ensure a smooth and effective solution and operation.
How you will do it
- Plan, Develop, Test, and Document software for connecting Smart Thermostats to the JCI Cloud and Data Platform, with secure interfaces for third party systems
- Review integration architecture and design of Smart Thermostat products with the data platform and recommend improvements to support reliability, scale and performance
- Participating in agile software planning and development activities including daily standups, user story, task organization, grooming activities, and effort estimation
- Plan execution of releases for minimum disruption to major feature release plans that address customer needs and revenue opportunities
- Following DevOps practices and keeping the infrastructure and performance in mind while writing code
- Analyze business and technical requirements to develop documentation, detailed designs, code and tests
- Full-stack development using .Net, Microsoft Azure PaaS, unit testing and mock data generation, development of regression testing scenarios and scripts
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with all product engineering teams and platform engineering team
- Mentoring, sharing knowledge, and helping ensure clean design and coding patterns
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Willingness to jump in where needed, learn new technologies, and work effectively across the full stack
- Outstanding analytical and programming skills
- Load Testing and Cost Optimization of Cloud Services
What we look for
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer science, Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- At least 7 years of experience in the software industry
- Experience with cloud services, platforms and/or infrastructures preferring Microsoft Azure
- AWS experiencepreferred but not required
- Experience with continuous delivery and deployment processes
- Experience in assessing, refactoring and identifying opportunity for existing applications to take advantage of modern application architectures (e.g. micro services, containers)
- Ability to participate on the refactoring and design of preexisting software to help increase its cloud relevancy
- Proven experience with product domain design in data intensive applications using relational, document or graph repositories
- Experience in application assessment to determine best fit and opportunity for leveraging cloud services (e.g., Functions, Event Grids, Hubs, ….)
- Knowledge of best practices, architecture, design patterns and business processes
- Knowledge across disciplines (e.g., enterprise securityarchitecture, compute services, storage, large-scale networking, virtualization, data center, integration architecture (API), orchestration technologies, systems resiliency, service support, application monitoring, application development lifecycle management (DevOps), and service delivery).
- Experience with the assessment, implementation, management and documentation of a broad set of information technologies and processes (e.g., availability, maintainability, resiliency, data validity and integrity, application scaling, application security, data protection, encryption, governance and discipline) within a cloud environment
- Ability to work collaboratively in global teams
- Must have a passion for technology, IoT, Smart Building/Home Integrations and Products. Ideal candidate stays on top of technology trends in this area.
- Data Nerds