A background in the apparel industry is not required. We are looking for an individual who has successfully transitioned enterprise applications to private and/or hybrid cloud environments. Our team will bring you up to speed on the apparel industry and other advances in fashion-tech we are pursuing.
The ideal candidate will be fluent in modern architectures and technologies, especially AWS, and the challenges and pitfalls inherent in transitioning a complex CAD design system into a cloud-based solution appropriate for large enterprise customers. They will be able to introduce best practices and patterns in a collaborative team-focused approach with an open, continuous improvement mindset that leads the team forward. Position is based in our Tolland CT headquarters. Some relocation assistance provided.
As an important member of our team, you will act as the engineering & architectural lead for the core platform and drive the software architecture & design of Gerber’s industry-leading Fashion CAD solution to an Enterprise Cloud Platform.
Key responsibilities include:
- Accountable for design, development, performance, and stability of the core platform
- Partner with key business, product management, and product development leadership to set the technical strategic direction
- Help shape, execute, and integrate architectural principles in the technical & product roadmap to develop Next Generation Features and Applications
- Responsible for creating the optimal software design for scalability and performance in a SaaS/Cloud environment
- Conduct on-going strategy, architecture, roadmap and planning workshops with the development team using best in class software design, development & deployment techniques to build high-level architecture software designs
- Provide assessment of current state architecture and recommend future architectural imperatives
- Lead problem solving and resolution of day-to-day design issues
- Act as SME for platform and ecosystem development
- Drive adoption of advanced AWS features and capabilities, where applicable
You are ideally qualified if you have:
- M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong fundamentals and problem-solving skills, such as software architectural design concepts, data structures, cloud technologies, and operating systems
- 10+ years of Software Engineering experience in Enterprise application development
- Current Expertise in Visual C++, C# and .Net
- Strong knowledge of SOA, object-oriented programming, design patterns, multi-threaded application development
- Strong knowledge of HTTP, JSON, AJAX, and RESTful API, Multi-Tenancy, Horizontal scaling, Micro-Services, Containers
- Strong knowledge of Object-Relational Databases (Ex: PostgreSQL or MySQL), experience with MS SQL Server
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
We would also be excited if you have any of the following:
- Technical knowledge of Serverless Designs Principles, such as AWS Lambda, AWS API Gateway, Amazon DynamoDB, etc.
- Programming experience using HTML5 and modern UI frameworks, such as AngularJS
- Knowledge and experience in DevOps and Continuous Delivery
- Family-friendly work environment
- Tuition reimbursement available
- Located directly off I-84, nearby UConn Storrs campus
- Convenient access to gym & health club