Affinitiv is the largest provider of end-to-end, data-driven marketing and software solutions exclusively focused on the automotive customer lifecycle. Backed by 20+ years of automotive and marketing expertise, we pride ourselves on being the go-to experts in the industry. Not only do we work with over 6,500 dealerships and every major manufacturer in the country, we’re well-versed in OEM standards and the intricacies of a dealership or group’s local business.
At Affinitiv, our engineers are full stack developers that build self-service applications for our customers in the automotive dealership industry. Reporting to the Director, Engineering, the Principal Software Engineer will have a demonstrated track record of maintaining production services, innovated thinking, and technical excellence. We work in a fast-paced, agile environment with small to medium, product-focused delivery teams.
- Applies highly advanced technologies, design principles and concepts to a wide variety of technical issues and projects
- Acts as a spokesperson of their engineering team & an advisor to management on R&D programs
- Works to identify improvements in order build high quality products.
- Influences key other team members to achieve long-range technical objectives at critical points in the decision-making process
- Help evaluate technological solutions developing POCs and provides business directions based on facts.
- Design, develop, and deliver scalable microservices and elegant front ends
- Automates unit/end-to-end testing of software systems within their domain, focused on software quality and maintainability
- Assists with Performance tuning, usability assessment / improvement
- Provides guidance and mentoring of fellow software developers and other team member.
- Proactively engage in the identification / remediation of software issues such as code quality, pattern mismatch, and security issues related to the code or solution/configuration
- Develops understanding of the entire business and can contribute to significant inventions, new designs and techniques regarded as noteworthy advances in the internal and external community
- Sets standards for quality and timeliness that anticipate regulatory standards and support strategic goals
- May act as a team lead for larger sub-projects or entire project.
- An undergraduate/graduate degree in computer science/engineering.
- At least 8+ years of relevant work experience as full stack engineer using Microsoft and related technologies.
- Understanding of software engineering practices, design patterns, data structures and algorithms
- Experience working in DevOps culture and leveraging modern agile software methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Kanban, SAFe) and planning tools (e.g. JIRA, Azure DevOps)
- Ability to document, track and monitor a problem/issue to a timely resolution
- Collaborative problem-solving ability and self-motivated
- Projects the highest level of integrity while winning through a consultative and embracing personality
- Effective collaboration skills with remote associates from a global standpoint
- Experience within the automotive software industry/technology or ISVs is a plus
- Experience working in remote environment with global teams.
- NET Framework (up to and including 4.72)
- .NET Core (2.2, 3.x)
- C# (ASP.NET, MVC, Web API), TSQL
- NoSQL, RDBMS, Distributed Cache
- Kubernetes/Cloud, Docker, Microservices is plus
- SOLID principles, Object-Oriented Design patterns, modern architecture patterns
- CICD experience (Teamcity, GitLab, Azure DevOps)
- RabbitMQ/NServiceBus is a plus
- Unit testing (NUnit, xUnit)
- Azure experience and/or certification is a plus
- SAFe/Agile certification is a plus