Principal Software Engineer (Acton, MA)
The Principal Software Engineer is responsible for the following duties:
- Define, create, and document technical software solutions needed to address customer needs and requirements for Video on Demand back office and VOD and Linear Dynamic Ad-Insertion products.
- Design, implement and test software modifications and utility programs required to address deployment, integration and operational issues impacting customers' ability to deliver real-time video and advertising services.
- Perform technical analysis of Company's proprietary software solutions to ensure each product is properly deployed, integrated, and operating efficiently.
- Identify options and drive resolutions of difficult compatibility problems by performing assessment of technical architecture, current customer deployment limitations, and best practices for managing a Realtime video and advertising delivery service.
- Document requirements, implementation details, and customer specific attributes of solutions created and provided to address customer needs.
- Coordinate with customer facing teams on technical software issues and provide solutions. Will be required to ensure continual progress toward resolution for all customer escalations related to Video on Demand back office and VOD and Linear Dynamic Ad-Insertion products.
- Work with various technical support staff and determine methods of approach to resolve technical issues, review project progress, recommend technical corrections, and evaluate results.
- Provide frequent feedback to management (Customer Engineering, Development and Sustaining Engineering, Technical Support) to help improve software, procedures, and customer satisfaction.
Bachelor's degree or foreign degree equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related, plus 5 years of progressively responsible post baccalaureate experience building and supporting large scale, real-time, software products for video content management and delivery services. Experience must include, which may be gained concurrently:
- Three (3) years' experience with components of video stream delivery over both RF and IP networks.
- Three (3) years' experience with metadata management implementations for large content libraries.
- Two (2) years' experience with development, qualification and support of digital and linear ad insertion products.
- One (1) year experience leading technical teams to achieve targeted goals related to product changes or issue resolution.