Are you and experienced developer looking for a small, stable and rapidly growing company in a hot market? Are you interested in developing cutting-edge technology that delivers live television broadcasts over the Internet? Live streaming is exploding like never before, and now is the time to capitalize on this opportunity. We partner with top broadcasters around the world to deliver high-quality, live sporting and eSports events for cable “cord-cutters”, while also powering traditional TV channels. If you viewed any of the past several Olympics, SuperBowls, EPL soccer matches, NASCAR races, PGA tournaments, BlizzCon, eLeauge, or other large-scale live events online, you’ve witnessed firsthand how iStreamPlanet is powering next generation Internet broadcasting.
Are you passionate about shipping innovative products to a discerning customer base? Do you enjoy working on emerging technology everyone can relate to? Are you looking for a fun, hard-working environment? Then you might have what it takes to join our team!
We are the industry leader in delivering online television broadcasting, and we are looking for a strong Linux and WindowsDeveloper to help us enable advanced workflows in the context of over-the-top (OTT) video delivery. Aventus, our flagship cloud platform, is built from the ground-up to run on commodity hardware in virtualized environments. Unlike traditional Internet broadcasting solutions which take weeks/months to set up a single channel of video, Aventus can go live in less than 15 minutes and at a fraction of the cost.
If you are self-motivated, demonstrate and provide technical leadership, are energized by collaborative environments, embrace the challenges of building high-impact products and are passionate about delivering premier scalable services, then you’ve found the right place. You will play a significant role in the design and implementation of fault-tolerant, high-availability, low-latency storage solutions for our video distribution platform. In particular, we are building optimized mechanisms for log and video file storage along with telemetry and metadata processing.
What You Will Do and Learn:
- Create new features end-to-end across an entire product, from inception to design to implementation to delivery to the customer, all within your first 90 days.
- Deliver new features, daily, to our customers.
- Become knowledgeable in a few key OTT media technologies in our first 30 days and an expert within 120 days, working directly with our customers to ensure we deliver results.
- Lead major product architectural decisions, create highly available, low latency distributed systems.
- Mentor other engineers and perpetuate a constructive team environment, where learning, calculated risk-taking, and experimentation are not just encouraged, they are expected.
- Help us select and integrate Open Source solutions, programming languages, and storage technologies as part of new products, so you can focus on solving higher level, and more challenging problems.
- Learn, use and become an expert in programming languages like C++, Java and Go.
Skills & Requirements:
- BS or MS in software-related field.
- 10+ years of commercial development experience.
- Strong experience with at least one C/C++/C#/Java/PHP/Python, preferably including experience with multiple compilers and operating systems (Windows/Linux/Mac OS).
- Demonstrate and provide technical leadership. This includes designing whole products from scratch. I.e.: bootstrap new products including: vet design, vet architecture, vet and respond to customer requirements while ensuring customer goals are met.
- Demonstrated understanding of high-throughput and scalable storage technology.
- Experience with database technologies such as SQL or NoSQL (MongoDB, Cloudata or cloud solutions from AWS, Google, etc).
- Knowledge of AWS, CloudWatch Kinesis, S3 or similar solutions is desirable.
- Experience working in virtualized environments.
- Experience with Open Source solutions on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Motivated and eager to learn new technologies.
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative and agile environment.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity effectively.
- Prior Media Experience is “nice to have”, but you can learn this on the job.