Maxar is looking for a Geospatial Programmer/Data Scientist join our team in Northern VA. We use quick iteration and regular feedback to the prototype for our government customers before ultimately discovering the perfect fit. We embed our Geospatial Programmers with analytic teams in order to create custom-tailored web apps.
Life with Us
Project: We’re improving upon models that use Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning (AI/ML) to search for and identify objects. You would be the leader in this effort to design a scalable cloud-based solution and turn it into a real-world solution.
Career: We’re very serious about professional development and continuing education. We offer everyone the opportunity to define their own career trajectory. Our group has some amazing resources at its disposal specifically for this purpose. You will work with your direct supervisor, and/or a mentor, to set appropriate goals and design a plan to help you make consistent progress.
Day-to-day with your colleagues:
- You’ll be developing and enhancing a geospatial app and the supporting infrastructure. This app is used to facilitate greater workforce performance by:
- Building and training Deep Learning models to accurately identify specified objects.
- Accessing large and various data sets
- Working with multiple mission partners to identify and evaluate data sources.
- We work in a very Lean-Agile environment without the overhead associated with traditional Scrum. We’ve eliminated unnecessary development meetings and we love it!
- We work together with our govt. stakeholders in their spaces in a very free-flowing and technology-forward environment.
- Must be a US Citizen with a current/active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, e.g. Computer Science, Systems Engineering, etc.
- 8 years of relevant experience
Recent experience with some of the following technologies:
- AWS: EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, Cloudfront
- Programming and Data Science Tools: Python or Java & experience using PyTorch, TensorFlow, or similar Machine Learning packages
- Experience building and training ML computer vision models, classification or object detection
- Understanding of methods for labeling training data for Machine Learning models
- Experience in data engineering and methods to handle large quantities or data for Machine Learning
- Linux Terminal
- Willingness to learn new tasks and tools
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) Pipeline techniques and tools
- Experience in building and publishing anaconda packages
- Experience performing AI/ML projects in a cloud environment
- Experience in model deployment for enterprise applications
- Experience leading other developers
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Exposure to GIS technologies, e.g. PostGIS, Esri ArcGIS Enterprise