To support our continued growth and success, we are seeking a Principal Software Development Engineer with extensive experience creating cloud-native applications. The incumbent will work closely with our scrum teams to ensure new products and services are built for the cloud as well as help transform our legacy application to be cloud-native. You will also play a product architect role and engage with other Mastercard teams to vet the technical feasibility of new product ideas and integrations. All of this while ensuring our applications and services are meeting the performance, scalability, and resiliency needs of the business.
- Engage with technical and non-technical team members on delivering large scale cloud migration initiatives across multiple Ethoca product lines.
- Lead application design, development, and deployment using cloud native technologies.
- Help transform a legacy, monolithic application into multiple cloud-native applications.
- Create and prioritize technical backlog to ensure we are meeting the performance, scalability, resiliency, and security needs of the business.
- Provide thought leadership in cloud application development and contribute to our architecture forum/guild.
- Engage with other teams to vet technical feasibility for new product ideas and integrations.
- Advocate and ensure API best practices (ex. REST, versionless, test driven, etc)
- Create technical roadmaps that align with business objectives and be able to clearly articulate and sell the business benefits to stakeholders.
- Create POCs where necessary to validate fit for purpose
- Be a change agent for adopting best practices
What you Bring:
- Computer Science, Engineering degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of experience designing, building, deploying, and monitoring applications on public cloud (preferably Azure).
- Up-to-date knowledge of best practices (12-factor app) and industry-standard design patterns for loosely coupled applications
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing micro-service applications using Spring Boot Framework.
- Experience with one or more programming languages such as C/C++, Python, Java, or Go.
- Proven track record of successfully migrating on-premise applications to the cloud (preferably Azure)
- Solid understanding of distributed systems
- Experience designing high throughput and horizontally scalable applications and systems (10k TPS)
- Experience with setting up a continuous delivery pipeline to production (Jenkins, Log Analytics, Azure DevOps)
- In-depth knowledge of containerization and container management
- Good understanding of data governance and how regulations can impact data storage and processing solutions such as GDPR and PCI
- Soft Skills such as writing proposals and presenting up to C-Levels is a must
- Microsoft Azure certification desirable