Principal Software Development Engineer - DNS platform
5 - 7 years experience • Online Advertising & Marketing Services
GoDaddy powers the world's largest cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures. With nearly 17 million customers worldwide and over 73 million domain names under management, GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company visit www.GoDaddy.com.
As a Principal Engineer for GoDaddy's DNS platform, you'll be expected to design and build global scalable services. This position will involve working with the largest Managed DNS provider system in the world, analyzing the data generated, planning enhancements, and implementing changes to tackle growth and changes moving forward.
In this role, you will be responsible for architecting, designing, and building-out scalable services that power Godaddy's DNS system, the largest Managed DNS provider in the world. This Principal Engineer role spans everything from sourcing data in to designing and building the infrastructure and applications that serve DNS. You will be an engineering leader; your impact will be felt across the company and the Internet. Specifically, you will partner closely with other lead developers as well as leaders from the Domains/Registrar teams that enable customers to use their domains. If you want a role where you can drive deep technical improvements across your team and across the company, and the Internet, yet with razor-focus on our customers and meeting business requirements, this role is for you.
- Be a key member of the DNS team, working closely with the Domains/Registrar teams to provide required functionality and measure overall service performance.
- Redesign and build the Godaddy DNS infrastructure, finding opportunities to improve key metrics, internal system’s functionality, efficiency, and resiliency, serving DNS to the global Internet.
- Analyze, visualize, and provide insight on significant amounts of data.
- Design and build scalable and resilient DNS services to serve domain names to the Internet.
- Use real-time dashboards and intraday analysis to quickly identify and mitigate denial of service attacks.
- Explore and recommend emerging technologies and techniques to support and enhance the DNS infrastructure.
- 6+ years of experience architecting and building distributed backend systems.
- 6+ years of experience in C and higher level programming languages like Python.
- Knowledge of DNS and DNS attacks.
- Basic knowledge of routing protocols (including BGP).
- Profound knowledge of TCP, UDP, and subnetting.
- Significant database experience with at least one SQL or NoSQL database.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights.
- Experience in an Agile software development environment, familiarity with Jenkins, Git, and CI/CD.
- Knowledge in the fields of monitoring, network diagnostics and analysis is preferred.
Job ID R000459