In the Fidelity Brokerage Technology group, the team is responsible for providing electronic trading solutions for Fidelity’s Capital Markets division. This is a hands-on role as an individual contributor and responsibilities include technical leadership, insight, and mentoring to peers.
The Expertise You Have
- BS or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics
- 10+ years of technology experience in the development and implementation of software solutions in highly scalable environments with focus on financial technologies particularly electronic trading.
- Successful technology and business solutions engineer with experience leading highly skilled teams
- Proven experience in high-volume, low latency real-time messaging applied to electronic trading
- Comprehensive experience in overall end-to-end Software Engineering in an agile environment
- Ability to help clarify user requirements and define accurate use cases
- Proven hands-on development skills with technology leadership
- Ability to translate business needs into technology solutions
The Skills You Bring
- You can lead Software Engineers encouraging autonomy, proficiency and purpose in their work.
- You have deep knowledge of Java stack, messaging technologies, multi-threading, caching
- You are experienced in developing high-speed messaging applications using messaging technologies such as Ultra-Messaging (29West), TIBCO Rendezvous, etc.
- You are experienced in developing applications for electronic trading, particularly order management, that use trading communication protocol such as FIX and using FIX engines
- You have expertise in dealing with large amount of data in real-time applications with big-data technologies such as KDB/Q or similar
- Your hands-on experience developing software in a Full Stack Developer capacity
- Your experience with continuous integration and delivery using Concourse and Jenkins
- Your experience of API Design & Development
- Your other technical skillset/experience include but not limited to:
- Possess strong Core Java Skills
- Messaging systems
- Electronic trading, order management experience
- FIX protocol
- FIX engines
- Unix/Linux OS
- Proven strong Unix/Linux Shell Scripting Skills
- Junit and other test automation technologies
- Other technical skillset/experience that are nice to have:
- Web UI (Angular JS)
- C# .NET
- Building CI/CD pipelines
- Developing applications in the cloud (Kubernetes, AWS, etc)
The Value You Deliver
- Providing technical leadership and hands on mentorship to agile teams in preparing design artifacts and implementation of solutions
- Designing and developing software in the capacity of a Lead Full Stack Developer on an Agile team
- Daily activities will involve development, automated testing, meeting with technology peers (including architecture) to work through technical designs, supporting other developers on the team with their work, and participating in Agile ceremonies
- Playing a key role in the full project life cycle for complex projects across multiple teams.
- Participate in problem solving, troubleshooting, performance tuning, production support, and maintenance of existing applications.
- Ensuring code reviews, unit testing, and integration testing are completed efficiently and effectively.
- Helping to coordinate the delivery of technical components across technical teams.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associate for their unique perspectives and experiences. For information about working at Fidelity.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.