Software Design Engineer, Principal
Candidate will take direction from Program manager, Chief Naval Architect and other program stakeholders and perform lead and development roles within the team. Candidate will be working on multi-developer software development projects leveraging developers across multiple work sites and also handle the interdependencies of working on a development effort in and out of secure environments.
- Performs all necessary aspects of the programming phase of software development including coding, testing, debugging and documenting using current guidelines and standards.
- Identifies and directs resolution of highly complex hardware/software interface issues or other technical problems.
- Researches and develops prospective applications and products and maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, conferring with users or system engineers; analyzing systems, data usage and work processes; and investigating problem areas.
- Develops architecture requirements and performance standards to meet customer specifications.
- Leads the analysis and development of test plans. Tests assigned components and units, provides test results and recommends corrections.
- Authors or assists in the writing and/or presentation of briefings (reports on analyses, findings, and project progress), project or task plans, system specification manuals, technical reports and user manuals.
- Leads the preparation of technical proposals.
- Provides work leadership to lessexperienced employees.
- Masters or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline.
- Work Experience: Fourteen (14) years' software engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience for positions involving new technology.
- Significant experience with software development of algorithms, computer networking and interfaces in a Linux environment.
- Experience in two or more of the followingrequired:
- Experience integrating and fielding complex software on multi-sensor collection platforms
- Signal and Digital Imagery Processing
- Machine Learning
- Math, physics, and geodesy
- Personal Experience: Team player with excellent written and oral skills. Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and to efficiently balance multiple simultaneous projects with disparate timelines.
- Strong leadership skills.
- US Citizen and Active Secret clearance required but TS SCI desired
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information
U.S. Citizenship Required.