The NBA is looking for a driven and results-oriented Software Architect to join the growing NextGen platform engineering team. You are a self-starter with experience architecting, building, and integrating scalable, distributed enterprise software using cloud services in an agile environment. You have a history of delivering quality software on schedule. You have a sense of responsibility, ownership, and pride in your work. You work equally well independently and with your team. You will be collaborating with Product Owners, Designers, and peer engineering teams to plan and implement your engineering solutions.
- Working with stakeholders to translate functional, technical, and business requirements into technical requirements
- Proposing and implementing architectural solutions based on requirements
- Designing and implementing services and microservices with thoughtfully defined APIs
- Using your extensive knowledge of APIs to build RESTful services for integration with internal and external services
- Defining and Implementing best practices for SDLC including development, testing, and deployment pipelines.
- Partnering with DevOps to plan CI/CD, infrastructure transitions, upgrades, technical refresh and preventative maintenance
- 10+ years of experience designing and implementing web-scale software
- Well-versed in overall SDLC, MS solution stack including Kubernetes/Docker/Microservices
- Hands-on experience and demonstrated expertise developing in C# / .NET using Visual Studio
- Experience with Git and ADO
- Demonstrated expertise of RESTful API implementation and service-oriented architecture
- Deep knowledge of application security and authentication schemes
- Experience with multi-geography, multi-tier service design and management
- Experience with agile development practices
- Technical knowledge of CI/CD, CDN and traffic management
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Focuses on a results-oriented approach with an appropriate balance between planning and execution
- Prior experience in digital media, especially with streaming content, preferred
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant work experience.