Are you looking for an opportunity to drive innovation and game changing solutions? Do you thrive off driving the adoption of new technologies and being a change agent? Does solving challenging, complex architectural and design issues excite you? If so, you are exactly the type of person we are looking for!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Software Architect. We are looking for motivated individuals to join us on our journey. You need to think big, move fast, and want to make a significant impact. Are you ready?
In This Role:
• Stay aware of changing and new technologies and tools to evaluate and drive adoption within the software engineering team where appropriate
• Provide architectural designs and technical leadership to the software engineering team
• Design, develop, and execute software solutions to address business issues
• Collaborate with peers, electronic and mechanical development teams, quality assurance and others as needed to produce game changing solutions
• Interpret business requirements to articulate the business needs to be addressed
• Troubleshoot critical and difficult code problems
• Mentor other engineers on best practices in design and coding as well as transfer technical knowledge about existing products
On Your First Day, We’ll Expect that You Have:
• Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
• Demonstrated experience at a high level designing and building software systems & applications
• Demonstrated technical team leadership
• Demonstrated software architect experience
• Proficiency in embedded systems, particularly Linux
• Proficiency in C / C++
• Knowledge of database design, web application development, security, open source technologies, mobile development, and cloud platforms
• You’ll be exposed to the exciting technology and development that it takes across mechanical, electronic, and software development to support this critical component of the global infrastructure, from the moment the truck arrives to deliver the fuel to the moment it’s dispensed into the vehicle.
• You’ll have the opportunity to work from the lowest levels of embedded software to support our automatic tank gauges to the highest levels of cloud-based applications to help support our fuel management solutions.
Perks and Why You Should Apply:
• Culture: Collaborative environment, team building activities, flex work schedules, recognition program and casual dress.
• Growth: As a part of the Fortive team, you can explore growth opportunities at any of the Fortive Operating Companies.
• Fueling Your Future On-boarding Experience: Setting you up for success and continuous improvement. Learn from us as we learn from you.