At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Information Technology (IT) team is looking for a Principal Software Application Engineer to join our growing team in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will work as a key member of the IT Enterprise Application Integration (IT-EAI) team. You will lead a team of integration engineers responsible for implementing real-time and batch integrations between a number of on-premise and cloud-based financial systems. You will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and implementing real-time and batch data integration flows and synchronous services. You will partner with the other IT-EAI domain leads on defining cross-domain standards and norms. As a Principal Software Application Engineer, you will contribute to the team’s capabilities by demonstrating technical competence and leadership, initiative, creativity, learning, sharing, and teamwork while collaborating with globally distributed team members and stakeholders.
Primary job responsibilities
- Analyze and clarify business requirements and functional specifications
- Collaborate with portfolio, solutions, and platform architects to design and document data integration routes and services
- Develop and test services enabling complex integration use cases
- Serve as a lead developer for the project implementation team, ensuring that their work meets enterprise standards and fulfills business requirements
- Automate unit and integration testing, document results for review by other stakeholders
- Build and manage continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipelines for service deployment to Red Hat OpenShift IT environments
- Develop mastery of core finance and accounting data domains and how systems use them
- Manage project deliverables and assignments within the project team
- Document and transfer knowledge and develop capabilities of the production support team
- Bachelor’s degree or higher or international equivalent in a science or technology field
- 10+ years of experience working as a Java application developer with experience developing core Java or JEE applications, integration routes, microservices, and APIs
- 2+ years of experience with Java Spring Boot and Red Hat Fuse or Apache Camel frameworks
- Experience with SOA-type service integration, e.g., REST, SOAP, etc.
- Experience with asynchronous messaging technologies like Apache ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, or similar
- Familiarity with modern methodologies like DevOps and CI and CD and related capabilities like automation, orchestration, and configuration management
- Experience with source code control platforms, preferably Git
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Prior experience working as a development lead on complex project implementations
- Ability to mentor and train teammates and develop their skills with development tools and methodologies
- Demonstrated success in learning new technologies