We’re starting a new chapter as a combined business with Optimizely as we proudly join forces to create a new wave of digital leaders by transforming digital experience creation and optimization. In September 2021 we will move forward as a combined business under the name Optimizely.
Episerver is consistently ranked as a market leader in digital experience creation, supporting the digital journeys of 9,000+ global brands, while Optimizely is the world’s leader in experience optimization. Combined, these two powerhouses create the most advanced digital experience platform in the industry. Together our mission is simple; we empower people to unlock their digital potential by giving them the tools and the confidence they need to operate freely so that they can create and optimize digital experiences that result in outsized outcomes for businesses and people.
The scale of our product has created tremendous potential for growth with Episerver + Optimizely – growth of teams, growth of influence, and growth of personal careers. If you are looking to work on the next generation of digital technologies in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment, apply! We’re just getting started...
SREs at Optimizely + Episerver are focused on making us the most reliable, performant, and trustworthy Digital Experience Optimization platform ever. Our engineering teams have built data pipelines that process 10 billion events daily and applications that support powerful experimentation and collaboration workflows at scale. Our platforms are built on AWS and GCP. We use technologies such as Kafka, Samza, HBase, MySQL, and Postgres. We build and manage our systems using TravisCI, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, and Chef. We use a combination of managed and self-hosted approaches. This is a unique opportunity to lead the engineering organization in areas of standardized automated infrastructure and service provisioning and orchestration, service-oriented architectural excellence, and forward-looking planning and execution of large technical projects.
How you will make an impact
- Define a roadmap for all engineering teams to utilize fully automated, self-service, highly scalable, cost-efficient, observable, auditable and reliable infrastructure services as standard practice
- Drive the execution of this roadmap across the engineering organization, collaborating with SREs and senior engineers across engineering while also performing hands-on work on the most critical challenges
- Provide expert technical guidance and ongoing engineering design review to teams planning and implementing large migrations, service-oriented architecture, broad architectural shifts, and capacity growth
- Build a metrics-driven operational culture standardizing our practices for SLO definition and review as well as for logging, monitoring, alerting, and on-call practices
- Make iterative improvements to blameless incident management processes, root cause analyses, outage prevention, and service recovery strategies across the engineering organization
- Partner closely with Security, Quality, and Product teams to achieve high priority security, privacy, compliance, reliability, and business-continuity objectives on our overall roadmap
- Propose and drive large improvements to production systems to achieve a significant impact to our business and engineering teams
- Mentor and coach engineers to be curious and effective at discovering and solving technical challenges
- You have proven experience (10+ years) demonstrating hands-on technical leadership and business impact in combining software engineering skills with systems engineering skills to solve complex automation and reliability challenges
- You have deep technical experience with various cloud providers, containerization technologies, automated deployment frameworks, orchestration frameworks, monitoring, logging, alerting, system internals, networking, databases, distributed systems, and service-oriented architecture
- You have the skills to implement load, stress, performance, and reliability testing standards at scale to improve service, platform, and infrastructure resiliency
- You promote openness, diversity of opinions, and inclusive discussions at all times to evaluate a wide variety of ideas and perspectives in solving challenging problems
- You demonstrate clear decision making and good trade-offs in complex situations comprising multiple opinions, needs, teams, technologies, cloud providers, and architectural settings
- You communicate effectively with stakeholders ranging from executives to junior engineers across the breadth and depth of the engineering organization
- You exemplify high accountability, integrity, and resilience to maintain focus on both big-picture goals and milestones to get there
- You enable the engineering organization to innovate and deliver with greater speed and safety.