We’re looking for a passionate Principle Site Reliability Engineerwho has a keen understanding of high performance, scalable architectures and technologies. Much of our software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and eliminating work through automation. You will have an active role in driving the technology roadmap for our Linux Shared Hosting platforms. This is a collaborative Agile team that embraces TDD, CI/CD, rapid, iterative development, and Open Source technologies. Limiting time spent on operational work, non-finger pointing postmortems and proactive identification of potential outages factor into iterative improvement that is key to both product quality and interesting and dynamic day-to-day work.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services from conception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity
- Developing and mentoring others
- Practice sustainable incident response
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in two or more of the following languages: Python, Perl, C and/or Shell scripting
- Expert experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration (e.g., filesystems, inodes, system calls) and/or networking (e.g., TCP/IP, routing, network topologies and hardware, SDN)
- Experience in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Demonstrated ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills, with the ability to drive and work in a fast-paced environment.
What's in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- Full health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401(k) matching
- "Freeloader" Lunch Fridays and a stacked kitchen to keep the engine fueled
- VPN Days
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work schedules
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Ping-pong, pool table, monthly happy hours, and other fun events
- Work with smart people in a great company culture.
Job ID 23616