As a Principal Simulation Engineer you will:
- Apply your experience to support aid in the development and maintenance of software used in the operation of flight simulators at the NASA Ames Research Center's SimLabs facilities.
- Work with a team of driven, supportive and highly skilled professionals.
- Receive a robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
- Enjoy flexibility managing your work hours and personal needs with a single accrual leave plan.
A week in the life of a Principal Simulation Engineer:
- Lead teams to create, enhance, integrate and maintain aeronautical simulator.
- Analysis, system and sub-system design, implementation and integration of math models for real time, piloted (HITL - human in the loop) six degrees of freedom, large scale, motion based, research and development simulator system/subsystem components.
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. Join us!
AWARDED BEST OF THE BEST by U.S. Veterans Magazine and TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY COMPANY by MilitaryFriendly.com.
- B.S. in Mechanical, Aeronautical, or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 15 years experience with flight simulations or other equivalent experience
- Demonstrate familiarity with systems engineering principles and processes
- C or FORTRAN
- Hardware/Software Integration
Additional Desired Skills:
- Project Management
- Experience with avionics
- Working knowledge of the aviation industry, national airspace system standard operating procedures and air traffic control
- Systems engineering; familiar with systems engineering principles and processes
- Software assurance; familiar with software versioning and bug tracking tools like Git and Jira
- strong aircraft model development capability