We are true believers in electronic sports, so don’t be surprised if you see us playing mobile games at our desks or in the kitchen. At Skillz, this type of behavior is encouraged! You can also catch us at our weekly game nights playing anything from Starcraft to Cranium over dinner, while discussing new technologies or brainstorming ideas to improve our business.
Not a “gamer”? Don’t worry about it. Every Skillzian brings a unique perspective to the team, and we bond over plenty of activities that don’t involve games. We’re working to build a truly groundbreaking company, and we want top-notch people to join us in that mission. As the creators and leaders of a new marketplace, we work with a “do whatever it takes” mentality, and frankly, we get the job done!
Our team is comprised of passionate, intelligent and creative individuals who consistently seek out new challenges and knowledge. We embrace out-of-the-box strategies to propel our business forward, and foster a culture where every person’s voice is heard. Our team comes from diverse backgrounds, and our leaders have a strong history of funding, building and selling successful enterprises. If you're up for the challenge, we’d love to meet you.
What you'll do:
- Add exciting new features to our world-class tournament server platform enabling competitions, tournaments and social features for players, spectators and streamers around the world
- Work with a variety of amazing cloud-based datastore technologies on AWS such as ElasticSearch, Redis, DynamoDB, MySQL RDS & Redshift
- Collaborate with teammates who care about building great products as much as you do
- 5+ years of Java experience
- Experience developing n-tier web applications with cutting edge Java technologies
- Experience building RESTful web services
- Experience with AWS or other cloud provider is a huge plus
- Experience with the Spring Portfolio including the Spring Framework, Spring MVC & Spring Boot
- Experience with MySQL or other RDBMSdatabases including design and optimization
- Familiarity with DB ORM/migration frameworks such as Jooq/Flyway & Hibernate/Liquidbase
- Familiarity with Caffeine, Guava or similar local caching frameworks
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB a plus