Annapolis Junction, MD
Industry: Aerospace & Defense•
5 - 7 years
Posted 64 days ago
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Operate and maintain a server infrastructure for a new classified program. The server environment will include physical servers in a High Availability Cluster environment, virtual severs, SAN storage and Fibre Channel switches. Servers will be Windows Server 2016 Operating System.
• Provide regular contact and coordination with the architect, network engineers, and security analysts on the program
• Use tools to monitor performance and provide status and solutions to growing needs
• Design/implement changes resulting from change board or as needed
• Review, test, and implement 1st and 3rd party patching as well as Security configuration hardening per RMF/JSIG requirements (STIGs)
• Performs problem diagnosis on hardware, operating system, and/or applications.
• Performs hardware and peripheral installations as required and troubleshoot problems.
• Manages file and storage systems and disk space.
• Manages virus protection system and update virus definitions on a routine basis.
• Performs security audits on all classified networked and standalone computers on as directed.
• Prepares security documentation for submission to Computer Security.
• Develops and documents technical processes and procedures as needed.
• Provide supplemental desktop support as required.
This position may be hired at a Principal or Senior Principal Systems Administrator.
1. Principal: Bachelor's degree in a related field and 6 years' experience; 4 years' with Masters. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
Senior Principal: Bachelor's degree in a related field and 10 years' experience; 8 years' with Masters. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement.
2. Experience with Windows Server 2016
3. Experience managing Microsoft Exchange
4. Experience with one or more of these Microsoft technologies: Skype, WSUS, IIS, SQLServer.
5. Experience working with RMF from an IT perspective
6. Experience working with customers in a classified space and knowledge of Classified Environment Protocols.
7. Experience operating, maintaining, and updating physical and virtual servers (preferably Hyper-V) in a data center environment
8. DoD 8570 certification (e.g. Security+, CEH, or CISSP)
9. Current Secret clearance