Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems (NGAS) has an opening for a Principal and Senior Principal Program Cost & Schedule Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in Melbourne, Florida. This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or level 4 based on the basic qualifications listed below.
- Candidates for this position will lead/support Cost Management activities with diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement and collaboration with other Business Management and IPT functional members.
- They will demonstrate a broad skill set that is balanced across interpersonal, business, and cost analysis based capabilities; a commitment to ethics and integrity; and the capability to innovate in a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Cost and Schedule performance management and IPT Planning.
- Coordinates the collection and accumulation of cost, scheduling, and performance elements from functional departments.
- Researches and analyzes historical data, develops cost analysis, variance reporting, and EAC forecasting.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
Basic Qualifications for a Principal Program Cost Schedule Control Analyst:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university and 6+ years of combined experience in Pricing & Estimating, Business Management, Global Supply Chain, Cost Management and/or Budgeting experience OR
- Master’s Degree from an accredited university and 4+ year of combined experience in Pricing & Estimating, Business Management, Global Supply Chain, Cost Management and/or Budgeting experience.
- Knowledge of FARS and DFARS.
- A current DoD Secret or Top Secret/SCI level security clearance, to include a Single Scope Background Investigation, a periodic reinvestigation, or an original adjudication date completed within the last 6 years.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain program access prior to start.
- Experience working within Cost and Schedule Management
- Proficient in using Excel, SAP, EVMS, MPM or Cobra Tool experience.
- Experience conducting cost analysis and risk modeling in a Cost Schedule or Budget Analyst role.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
Basic Qualifications for a Senior Principal Cost Schedule Control Analyst:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university and 10+ years of combined experience in Pricing & Estimating, Business Management, Global Supply Chain, Cost Management or Budgeting experience OR
- Master’s Degree from an accredited university and 8+ years of combined experience in Pricing & Estimating, Business Management, Global Supply Chain, Cost Management or Budgeting experience.
- Extensive knowledge and/or experience conducting cost analysis and/or risk modeling (e.g. regression analysis, Monte Carlo simulations, statistics)
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience with MS Excel – Must have created, analyzed, and maintained spreadsheets with complex formulas
- A current DoD Secret or Top Secret security clearance
- Must be able to obtain and maintain program access prior to start
Preferred Qualifications for a Senior Principal Cost Schedule Control Analyst:
- Master's Degree in business, finance or relevant field
- Accustomed to working in fast pace environments demanding strong organizational, technical and interpersonal skills
- Dynamic self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to function independently
- Willingness to work collaboratively as part of a dynamic program and business area leadership team
- Strong customer orientation and relationship building abilities
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; ability to make recommendations and provide guidance to effectively drive projects to completion
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple activities concurrently, able to quickly adapt to multiple demands, shifting priorities, and rapid changes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to use them in informing and presenting to all levels of management
- Team player, independent, proactive, and possess excellent problem solving, oral and written communication, and organizational skills