Drives technical security innovation in alignment with Paychex Business strategies. To provide strategic secure technical and software architectural leadership within Paychex in support of enterprise wide initiatives. To provide thought leadership not only in IT but across the Paychex organization through the executive level. Engages with architecture management to set the long-term security vision and goals for Paychex.
- Understands the organizational direction, goals, and industry competitive environment to determine how security architecture can add value to the organization and to business. Makes expert recommendations and decisions clearly linked to the organization's strategy and financial goals. Identifies and assesses new and emerging security software, products, methods, and techniques and evaluates likely relevance of these for the organization and successfully champions them through the organization.
- Leads the investigation and incorporation of innovative security platforms and technology along with industry best practices in alignment with the company?s vision and strategic plan ensuring consistency with business and architectural needs.
- Identifies security patterns and best practices for improving performance, availability, stability, maintainability and developer productivity and creates strategies to implement these patterns in present and future systems to improve the Paychex software portfolio. Works with senior level architects to make sure that these techniques are incorporated into their programs.
- Leads and presents technical diligence and drives alignment with corporate strategies for Mergers & Acquisitions efforts through technology assessments to evaluate transitional costs, intellectual property value, long term viability, and risk for Paychex.
- With Sr. Development Managers, Directors, Portfolio Managers, Product Managers defines the security aspects of the portfolio goals. Prepares and delivers presentations at this level.
- Highly skilled in visually & verbally depicting how to leverage security technology to solve present and future business needs. Educate, inform, and convince the audience, including Directors and VPs, ensuring architectural priorities are known and executed upon.
- Demonstrates versatility of knowledge and applies strong technical skill base to contribute to any application. Independently applies new technologies in condensed timeframes to advance Paychex business objectives. Monitors industry and technology trends to define, select and implement new tools and strategies to address business objectives and enhance developer productivity.
- Mentors, trains and provides guidance to the senior level architects on how technology can be used to influence product and business strategy.
- Participates in creating product strategy with the Product organizations, this includes aligning of Product Management strategies and technology roadmaps and bringing innovative concepts to Product organizationsParticipates in creating product strategy with the Product organizations, this includes aligning of Product Management strategies and technology roadmaps and bringing innovative concepts to Product organizations.
- Leads security tool and technology selection, risk assessments and technology retirement activities in conjunction with technical and business stakeholders.
- Leverages deep and wide technology knowledge across development and infrastructure to consult with Architecture and Development on the creation of security best practices, implementation practices, and potential design gaps to meet business goals, customer needs, and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Security, Engineering, Mathematics, or related area
- Master's Degree in Information Security, Cyber Security
- 10+ years of experience in Technology Architecture experience in designing, building and deploying highly scalable web and/or mobile based enterprise applications.
- 10+ years of experience in Experience managing 3rd Party relationships. Experience creating technology roadmaps. Extensive experience with multiple design patterns. Experience in design and development of orchestration/integration components using third-party middleware technologies. Experience with loosely coupled architectures or service-oriented architectures. Extensive experience with Object Oriented Modeling and Design preferred. Full lifecycle experience designing mission critical, large scale, highly available, scalable software applications. Experience presenting to directors and executives.
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills.
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills.
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents.
- CISA, CISSP, or GSNA - Preferred
- CISSP, SANS GIAC, or CEH - Preferred
- Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (ISSAP) - Preferred
- Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP) - Preferred