iHeartMedia is the number one audio company in the United States, reaching nine out of 10 Americans every month – and with its quarter of a billion monthly listeners, has a greater reach than any other media company in the U.S. The company’s leadership position in audio extends across multiple platforms including 850 live broadcast stations; streaming music, radio and on demand via its iHeartRadio digital service available across more than 250 platforms and 2,000 devices including smart speakers, digital auto dashes, tablets, wearables, smartphones, virtual assistants, TVs and gaming consoles; through its influencers; social; branded iconic live music events; and podcasts as the #1 commercial podcast publisher globally. iHeartMedia also leads the audio industry in analytics and attribution technology for its marketing partners, using data from its massive consumer base.
iHeartMedia Tech has begun a massive shift in the way we build applications away from fragmented desktop applications towards cloud-native cohesive apps accessible over the Web. In support of that, we are looking for a Principal Security Architect to be responsible for determining security requirements of existing and new technologies and leading the security design of platforms and systems to ensure the implementation of security by design is achieved.
- Develop a security architecture framework for platforms and systems.
- Align proposed systems, networks, applications, and software designs to security framework.
- Review proposed systems, networks, applications, and software designs for potential security risks; recommend mitigation or countermeasures and resolve integration issues related to the implementation of new platforms and systems within the existing infrastructure.
- Partner with IT teams to identify and help mitigate security architecture and infrastructure issues and risks.
- Remain current on information security standards, evolving architecture, and platforms and how they integrate.
- Research security controls, vulnerabilities or interoperability issues, enterprise and cloud risks, and provide guidance to IT Teams on effective mitigation strategies and controls.
- Reduce security threats by examining infrastructure, devices, processes, procedures and identifying security flaws, threat vectors, and using risk-based control analysis to follow up with a prompt solution.
- Recommend information security trends, standards, and practices to assist in identifying areas that may lack the appropriate security controls.
- Respond to a range of ad-hoc security consulting requests, including at times supporting teammates with security-related projects and support services.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the IT Security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
Education and Experience:
- 12+ years’ experience in the IT Security domain
- 5 years’ experience in Security Architecture
- CISSP certified or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, cyber security, or equivalent required
- Experience in broadcast media industry is a plus
- Experience with frameworks and security controls, preferably NIST Cybersecurity
- Direct experience in technologies including Routing, Switching, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, Firewalls, APT (Advance Persistent Threat), Directory Services, Cloud Technologies, Vulnerability Management, SIEM, Endpoint Detection and Response, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Web Security Gateways and Email Security
- Experience in vendor platform evaluations including criteria and scorecard development
- Knowledge in major areas of application architecture and platforms: Microservices, RESTful APIs, logging and monitoring, programming languages, CI/CD, infrastructure, and databases
- Strong knowledge of cloud platforms and services especially AWS
- Strong leadership skills to include communication and presentation, strategic thinking, and accountability
- High attention to detail and strong analytical, organizational, and task management skills
- Ability to influence without authority
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
San Antonio, TX: 20880 Stone Oak Parkway, 78258
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.