A team leader and/or supervisor of work teams, responsible for the plan and organization of unique or critical project teams. Develops new innovations and technologies to support program goals and business growth. Makes major contributions at the company level through sustained and significant product or technology delivery. Develops complex plans and/or analyses to address problems and challenges. Effectively communicates at the highest level within their function as well as cross functionally within the organization. Capable of presenting complex ideas and findings both internally and externally. Presents at scientific meetings and publishes in peer-reviewed journals. Works effectively with project management to achieve program goals and timelines.
- Plan and organize projects concerned with unique and complex problems, involving exploration of subject area, definition of scope, selection of experimental approaches and execution of projects.
- Develops new products and/or technologies
- Develops significant innovations to achieve project goals
- Independently designs and executes experimental approaches to achieve long term goals
- Identifies new technologies and product opportunities
- May be responsible for operating within a budget, and may provide input on budget allocation and prioritization.
- Lead scientist responsible for delivery of a new products or technology.
- Extensive problem solving skills to troubleshoot laboratory or Manufacturing issues
- Functions highly independently to deliver innovative solutions with a minimum of management supervision
- Represents R&D as high level scientist on cross-functional teams
- Anticipates situations 6-12 months ahead and acts to create opportunities to avoid problem.
- May supervise or oversee a small professional staff or resources for initiatives and projects
- Proven ability to conceive, design and implement new, innovative solutions to technical problems.
- Recognized expert in a specialized field related to in vitro diagnostics. Including thorough understanding of all precedents, practices, or scientific theories and principles in a specialized or technical field
- Proven accomplishments developing multiple new products or technologies
- Demonstrated ability to publish, present and interact with the scientific community
- Requires a PhD with at least 5 years relevant assay development experience related to in vitro diagnostic technologies, life sciences and /or therapeutic product area.
- Proven accomplishment contributing to successful technology and products on the market.