We are seeking a motivated and productive analytical chemist or biochemist at the PhD level with a strong understanding of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR)-based metabolomics to work within a metabolomics group at our Spring House, PA site.
The candidate will have experience designing studies and extensive knowledge and hands-on experience of NMR methods for analysis of biological samples and structural elucidation of small molecules. Knowledge of univariate and multivariate analysis of the results is essential. Bioanalytical and/or metabolomics publications are required. As the position involves multi-disciplinary efforts and external collaborations, good interpersonal skills are needed.
The Scientist will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with Janssen therapeutic teams and/or external partners in designing, performing and interpreting metabolomics studies
- Preparation of various biological samples for NMR analysis, optimization of conditions, processing data, analyzing data and writing reports, and communicating results in a team environment
- Reviewing literature to support on-going discovery projects and submit new project proposals.
- Maintaining electronic laboratory notebook
- Publishing in high impact peer reviewed journals
- A PhD in chemistry or a related discipline with at least 5 years of hands on laboratory experience is required
- High impact publications are required
- Ability to conduct research experiments, including trouble shooting with minimal supervision is required
- Knowledge of NMR and related metabolomics software is required
- Experience using 2D NMR techniques for structural elucidation of small molecules is required
- Hands-on experience or familiarity with LC-MS metabolomics techniques is preferred
- Familiarity with Bruker NMR spectrometers and software is required
- Proficiency in data analysis of large data sets and writing reports is required
- A good understanding of biochemistry and pathway analysis is required
- Experience in drug discovery environment is preferred
Requisition ID: 6364171219