$80K — $100K *
Relay Therapeutics is a new breed of company at the intersection of computation and biotechnology that is committed to creating medicines that will have a transformative impact on patients.
We combine unprecedented computational power with leading-edge experimental approaches across the fields of structural biology, biophysics, chemistry and biology. This integration illuminates – for the first time – the full mobility of a protein and provides key insights into how the dynamic nature of a protein’s conformation regulates function. The team at Relay is putting this principle into practice, with the aim of accelerating the development of medicines that will make a transformative difference in patients’ lives. We don't just stare hard problems in the face. We go out looking for them. Are you energized by attempting to do the impossible? We're looking for you.
At Relay, our team is driven by the ultimate collaboration across each of our drug discovery disciplines. Putting protein motion at the heart of drug discovery is a challenge, but we are confident that our team’s dedication and urgency will create opportunities that deeply impact the lives of the patients. Our initial programs are focused on developing therapeutics in oncology.
Does enabling the chemistry to support drug discovery projects and identify a development candidate thrill you? We love all aspects of discovering medicines and are building the best environment in the industry to make a difference for patients. We are looking for a self-motivated chemist who is experienced with route scouting and scale up efforts to join our highly collaborative team and help drive projects through the enablement of material supply for in vivo and preliminary toxicology studies.
We take what we do seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. You’ll have fun in our collaborative and energetic environment where you’ll face new challenges every day.
If you are flexible and fearless in the face of rapidly evolving data, then we want you to join us and discover the next generation of innovative therapeutics based on protein motion!
· You have 10+ years of synthetic chemistry experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with an understanding of medicinal chemistry but an emphasis on the route improvement and scale up of compound synthesis to support small molecule drug discovery.
· You have participated in the delivery of grams to hundreds of grams of key intermediates and compounds for in vivo studies, and you are ready to lead the discussion around material supply.
· You have worked hand in hand with CROs to achieve your larger-scale goals and have navigated the tech transfer of routes from your bench to external partners.
· You are not daunted by making quick decisions, fast timelines, and knowing that priorities may change over the course of projects.
· You have experience tracking budgets and communicating project status to department leaders.
· You have strong communication skills, can flex to different work styles, and believe that the best outcomes result from bringing out the creativity of your colleagues.
· You are committed to building an energetic, candid, and inclusive company culture and contributing to the company’s success.
· You have extensive background in the practical application of all the latest synthesis, purification, and analytical characterization techniques (e.g. NMR, IR, LCMS, HPLC, TLC, chromatography, chiral separations).
· You are an open and articulate communicator who can collaborate effectively with contract laboratories and manufacturing facilities as well as internal staff.
· Familiarity with process chemistry considerations would be a plus, as would experience with or interest in applying high-throughput experimentation to solving synthetic bottlenecks.
We believe in building balanced teams and a place where our people can be their best self every day. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Relay Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
At Relay Tx, we believe that along with our people, our culture is our greatest asset. In fact we're proud to share we were named as one of the Boston Business Journal's in 2019. To drive that culture, no one will stop you or hold you back. Instead, we will give you the tools and colleagues to push forward relentlessly and cheer you on as you go. If this resonates with you, drop us a line.
About Relay Therapeutics
Relay Therapeutics is a clinical-stage precision medicines company transforming the drug discovery process with the goal of bringing life-changing therapies to patients. Built on unparalleled insights into protein motion and how this dynamic behavior relates to protein function, we aim to effectively drug protein targets that have previously been intractable, with an initial focus on enhancing small molecule therapeutic discovery in targeted oncology. Our Dynamo platform integrates an array of leading-edge experimental and computational approaches to provide a differentiated understanding of protein structure and motion to drug these targets. We have built a world-class team of leading experts from each of these disciplines, and they are driven by a deep collaboration at every step of our drug discovery process.
Our team is equal parts fearless and relentless, with a shared passion for working collaboratively in intellectually stimulating environments. If you’re excited by the challenge of putting protein motion at the heart of drug discovery and passionate about making a difference in the lives of patients, join us!
Valid through: 1/21/2021