Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the design and implementation of screening strategies that reflect the pharmacology to be modulated in subsequent hit-to-lead discovery programs.
- Provide scientific leadership to a team that (1) develops assays in cell based formats that are suitable for automated high-throughput screening in 384 or 1536-well formats (2) executes high-throughput screens (3) analyzes screening data including presentation at program team meetings. A level of hands-on laboratory work is expected.
- Provide mentoring and career development leadership to direct reports and to others within the department as appropriate.
- Collaborate across multiple therapeutic and functional areas in the US, Europe and Asia.
- Develop innovative approaches to screening and hit triage.
- Attend in-house seminars and external scientific meetings as appropriate.
- Manage external collaborations.
- Publish research in high-quality journals as appropriate.
- A miniumum of a PhD in biochemistry, biophysics, cell biology, pharmacology or related areas is required
- Postdoctoral experience is preferred
- A minimum of 8 years of industry experience in assay development HTS is required
- Expertise with assay development using biochemical and/or biophysical methods is required
- Expertise with biochemical methods such as FP, HTRF, luminescence and SPA OR an expertise with biophysical methods such as SPR, thermophoresis, ITC and mass spectrometry is preferred
- Fragment screening experience is preferred
- Hit triage experience is preferred
- Previous people management experience (supervising, coaching, mentoring) is required
- Publications in high-quality peer-reviewed journals are required
- Expertise in cardiovascular, immunology, infectious diseases, neuroscience or oncology therapeutic areas is preferred
- Experience working with and guiding external collaborators in industry or academia is preferred
Requisition ID: 9073170206