Principal Scientist Global Regulatory and Nutrition Science
Less than 5 years experience • Business Services
The Principal Scientist Global Regulatory and Nutrition Science (GRNS), identifies, develops and executes regulatory and nutrition science strategies for innovation projects and advises on emerging regulatory and nutrition science related aspects with the potential to impact the company.
The Principal Scientist works independently and coordinates across functions and departments in order to address regulatory and nutrition science needs, and supports Mead Johnson Nutrition (MJN) on related issues with regulatory agencies, professional societies, regional and international trade organizations and associations, and other sectors as appropriate.
The Principal Scientist is responsible for global innovation projects regarding infants and children nutritional products that transition to regional teams.
- Key member of MJN Regulatory & Nutrition Science department
- Provide leadership and regulatory and nutrition science support documents on regulatory, safety of use and nutritional science assessments to facilitate development and implementation of MJN innovation strategy. Represent GRNS on innovation teams, as needed.
- Set and execute regulatory and nutrition science strategies, and write and submit dossiers to facilitate approvals of ingredients, formulas and claims.
- Support and develop guidance and position papers with respect to regulatory and nutritional issues matters that are critical for MJN business.
- Identify, lead and/or contribute to nutrition and regulatory advances by collaborating with internal and external investigators
- Monitor developments in emerging nutrition science and regulations focusing in infant and young child nutrition, and their potential impact on MJN business.
- Advanced degree, PhD preferred in nutrition science, biochemistry, life sciences, biomedical sciences or related field.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in working within/across multiple R & D functions and business partners.
- Capability to effectively interact with internal and external stakeholders in order to identify and understand internal and external customer needs.
- Connections with the external scientific community to assure access to relevant scientific information
- Understand regulations governing MJN marketed and developmental products.
- Well-developed knowledge regarding nutrition science, regulations, life sciences and food technology to judge feasibility of applying scientific innovations to new product development.
- Strong drive to define and implement strategies to obtain approvals for placing innovative products into the market place, to influence regulations under development, and to manage regulations already in place.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, international, multi-task environment under pressure and tight time constraints.
- Tough-minded approach to scientific problems and stringent criteria for decision making.
- Willing to travel, including internationally