Are you passionate about new approaches to AR/VR, smart fabrics/nanomaterials, or computational biology? We are seeking Principal level scientists with a track record of winning and executing R&D projects in these areas.
You will work to identify funding agencies within the Government and beyond, develop business with them, and then design novel research and development programs that address unique challenges. You will have the support of Charles River’s excellent team of research mentors, engineers, and operations staff to bolster your success. You will grow your presence as a world-class researcher in your field. You will coordinate with our team of engineers to develop prototypes and fieldable systems that highlight the innovation and practical applications of your work. You will collaborate with researchers at top universities and research labs to create the next generation of technologies in your field. You will publish research results in appropriate venues. You will be able to immediately contribute to well-funded ongoing research programs across this spectrum, and you will have the flexibility to expand those research thrusts into additional areas of your research interests as you pursue, collaborate on, and lead projects in these areas.
- Lead business development effort in various DoD and Intelligence Community R&D organizations by presenting and selling innovative technical solutions to potential new customers
- Analyze and understand customer problems and issues
- Foster relationships with customers
- High level design and architecture of AI and technology solutions
- Pursue novel technologies to implement solutions, including establishing new areas of research
- Principal Investigator for proposals and contracts
- Manage software engineers and scientists in developing and demonstrating interface solutions
- Conduct technical discussions with customers
- Develop and manage programs, PIs, and senior technical leads across multiple projects
- Participates actively and takes a leadership role in the development and improvement of the Company’s infrastructure (team-building, recruiting, facilities, tools, processes.)
- U.S. Citizenship
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Materials Science, Biology, or other areas related to the technical areas described above, and 8-10 years of professional research experience.
- Passion for evangelizing the unique benefits of specific R&D concepts that you develop
- Demonstrated track record of Business Development efforts
- Demonstrated ability to regularly develop new methods/approaches to create novel contributions to the state of the art
- Demonstrated ability to lead identification of technical, user, and customer-focused opportunities across multiple projects and relationships within a Group or Division
- Strong fit with Company goals and values (work ethic, attitude, interest in work)
- Superior research skills proven by extensive publication record or equivalent references from the research community
- Expert knowledge of AI technologies and strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to write winning proposals
- Three years of experience managing teams
- Demonstrated ability to generate clear, concise, and grammatically correct written materials
- Strong verbal and written skills to support proposal writing, interaction with customers, and presentations at technical conference
- Strong track record of program capture and program leadership in DoD and IC-relevant R&D organizations
- Strong reputation in your field of practice; world-class experts encouraged to apply
- A record of publications in relevant communities
- Military experience.