Under the supervision of the Vice President, R&D , plans and conducts technical evaluations focused on the development of new product prototypes, new processes and analytical methods. Contributes significantly to new product concepts and their design.
- Viewed as subject matter expert within area of expertise.
- Applies extensive technical knowledge to independently lead the design of complex products and processes, performs tests, generates technical documents and analyzes complex problems.
- Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts to solve problems and generate new product concepts.
- Provides technical coaching/mentoring to all scientific levels.
- Primarily functions as a project leader/technical lead on complex projects directing the activities of scientists and other cross functional resources.
- When necessary, provide technical support, advice and comments for Product Development, Manufacturing, Quality Control and other departments as well as to junior staff within the company.
- Keeps abreast of development in the field of regenerative medicine and related areas through professional journals, scientific meetings and networking.
Works on complex problems where in-depth analysis of situations or data is required. Contributes significantly to the concept, design and development of new products. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices to select methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining desired results. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments. May provide guidance to other lower level personnel.
- May supervise junior level scientists and co-ops.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills Required:
- Requires PhD (or equivalent) in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline.
- Requires a minimum of ten years in a product development environment.
- Demonstrated track record of product and/or technology development leading to the commercialization of new products in a regulated industry.
- Demonstrated success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought.