• Partner with project teams to conduct qualitative research and advise teams on user research methods such as: observation/shadowing, desk research, contextual inquiry, interviewing, usability testing (formative/summative), heuristic reviews, and surveys.
• Generate and communicate actionable research findings back to teams in the form of storyboards, high-level concepts, journey maps, service blueprints, information graphics, and presentations.
• Collaborate with quantitative teammates to product user-centered research that will inform product and design decision-making.
• Bachelor's Degree in Design, Anthropology, Sociology, Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science, or related discipline or equivalent professional experience.
• Research/Design Strategy professional with strong interviewing, observation, and analysis skills.
• 8+ years professi
Valid through: 2020-3-17