Radio and seamless wireless streaming is a pillar of our promise to deliver the ultimate home music experience. This role is critical in driving high quality, new radio designs that empowers all cross-functional teams to achieve the product experience targets.
As a Radio Systems Engineer, you will be the team lead to develop, validate wireless systems and help to bring the next generation Radio Systemstechnology to Sonos. You will partner across multiple disciplines of software, hardware, acoustics and drive innovation every day in our fast paced and creative environment.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
What You’ll Do
- You will deliver impactful radio solutions in high volume production.
- Empower and motivate a small development team to innovate and passionately raise the bar.
- Oversee wireless related production problems and being able to contribute in a constructive way. Analyzing 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Radio and RF system such as receiver, transmitter with essential parametric (power, EVM, linearity, etc.)
- You will develop wireless communication models in Matlab.
- Characterizing and debugging wireless systems in detail.
- RFIC transceiver systems bring up, debugging, optimization, verification, characterization of performance.
- Support SW design, system and platform teams.
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Display courage to innovate and also to not be afraid to admit or make mistakes.
Skills You’ll Need
- MSEE and 8+ years design experience or PhD and 4+ years design experience (digital) radio engineering. which includes RF/HW board and system level design. As well as experience in the commercial wireless field of RF, RFIC, RF systems, or (digital) radio communication applications.
- Strong knowledge of WLAN802.11n/11ac. Knowledge of othertechnologies like Cellular GSM, EDGE, CDMA, Bluetooth is a plus.
- Background in analyzing RF system such as receiver, transmitter with essential parametric (power, EVM, linearity, etc.)
- Understanding the trade offs of RF system design is essential.
- Knowledge of RFIC circuits such as PLL, LNA, Mixer, LO, PA, etc.
- Knowledge in wireless digital BB algorithms is a plus.
- Experience in hands-on skills in areas of board level RFtroubleshooting, RF measurement techniques, and RF system level knowledge.
- Knowledge of FM-audio systems is a plus.
- Working knowledge of RF test and verification equipment such as signal generators, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, frequency/function generators.
- Experience in RF/HW board and system level troubleshooting skills including antenna and RFnetwork matching.