Duties and Responsibilities:
- Propose technology concepts that can be built into existing products or completely new technologies that are considered disruptive in nature.
- Develop algorithms to help solve complex mathematical problems as they relate to optical design and spectroscopy.
- Conceive, design, develop, prototype, test, and troubleshoot new optical designs for high precision atomic spectroscopy instruments.
- Interface with mechanical, electrical, and software engineers to complete system modeling, analysis, and verification.
- Initiate, direct, and execute development activities with an emphasis on developing next generation technology, trade secrets, and intellectual property.
- Evaluate competitive products and new technologies from research institutions, aiming to enhance future products.
- Demonstrates independent and creative scientific thinking, ability in solving complex problems, and resilience to setbacks and changes.
- Experience and ability to lead and coordinate multiple collaborative projects in a cross-functional program team environment.
- Bachelor Degree in Science and 8+ years of experience.
- Masters Degree in Science and 6+ years of experience.
- PhD and 3+ years of experience.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.